Bike racing fans???

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
Website
www.lulu.com
Part of our get away included getting to see the Tour of California on Saturday! I am sorry now that I refused to take my camera along on that particular adventure! (I know stupid stupid stupid!)........But it was very cool to see all the riders taking a turn at 30 miles an hour............We saw Lance Armstrong......He wasn't racing but he was in one of the lead cars.....very cool....Then another lead car threw a long sleeved T-Shirt out of the window at the crowd.....and guess who got it?..........ME....happy birthday to me!!! It has the tour logo on the front and STAFF in big letters on the back....and just happened to be my exact size! Any way just wanted to share a bit more of my adventures.Sorry no pics....still kicking myself for that one!......It was so cool!

Thanks for listening! : )

COOL.
I was saw the Tour De France here in the UK in the days of Greg Lomond, another great US racer.

I have seen quite a few bike races here in Toronto, and out side the city. They are amazing to see. I would love to see the tour de France.
I have been a volunteer at a few races, where you stand at entrances to driveways, so that nobody exits as the cyclist are zipping by. Once the 200 or so fly by, ya have to hop in your car and get to the next town before they do. They usually go by within 30 second, and your back in your car again.

lostprophet said:
COOL.
I was saw the Tour De France here in the UK in the days of Greg Lomond, another great US racer.

:thumbup:

Must be something in the water in the US.
Two of the greatest cyclists ever both have near death experiences, Gerg with his shooting accident and Lance with the Big C, then go on to win The Tour De France. LEGENDS

Most reactions

Back