Biking in the mountains. C&C Please.

KGSMTB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went and shot some promo shots for my friend on Saturday in the mountains (Canmore, Alberta) And here are the ones I really liked. Heres a little background info on me; I finally got back behind the lens after a 2 year absence. Prior to my leave I had been shooting for about 5 months and was improving but had to sell my camera so I could go on my vacation. I am now starting my journey all over again.I shoot mainly sports but love shooting landscape shots and Portraits (you can expect some of those from me too.) I still don't have Photoshop and I am awful with gimp.

All shot with a D3000 w/AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR DX Lens. Unfortunately I do not own any filters or flashes currently so I had to work with what I had but I think they turned out well. I would love some constructive criticism.

Thanks!

4899170125_3ac7fd8bb0.jpg

4899150403_4fc26b8c61.jpg

4899715948_5cd416d62a.jpg

4899755076_18ef9963ea.jpg

4899153829_dcdf07ac41.jpg

Full sized images can be seen here -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/32608463@N02/

Last edited:
Great action photos that trail looks RUGGED! I think your doing great with the equipment you have and the composition if good. :thumbup:

Would like to see the biker as more of the "subject" of the photo. It looks like you were trying some landscapes and some guy on a bike ruined the shot.

First off.....I'm no pro, but here goes what I see.

1). Your first shot is the best as far as lighting goes, but you have way too much fore ground. A tighter shot or crop would be a big benefit.

2). I don't really see the rider. My eyes just get drawn towards the bright spot on the ground and then the sky.

3). I like the prespective, yet again way too much foreground.

4). All scenery, stupid bike rider in the shot :p

5). Almost looks like a tighter crop of 4(even though it's not). I just wished you would have moved further to your right.

Take it all with a grain of salt, remember I'm no pro. It's just what I would have liked to see. Keep clicking and posting.

Cheers,

-Josh

Most reactions

Back