Bird Indentification

stc9357

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s84.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm pretty new to taking photos of our feathered friends so I could use some help. I believe these are all wrens? I could also use some C&C. I'm loving my new camera and shooting in raw these are my first real photos taken with it besides the picture of my grandmas dog in the pets forum.

-Logan
Bird1.jpg
Bird2a.jpg
Bird3a.jpg
Bird4.jpg

I'm sorry for how it looks maybe the mod can fix it but it wouldn't let me hotlink to this site I couldn't use the landscape button so I did it the old fashioned way and its acting retarded. So don't criticize that atleast.

Nice shots! The first one is a tufted titmouse, and the third is likely a black-capped chickadee (possibly a chestnut-backed chickadee, but the front shot looks the same for both). The second may be a finch or a sparrow of some sort. The fourth could be something in the thrush family (robins, etc.). Hope this helps!

nice shots! i'm a little out of practice but i think the birds you have there are:
1. Tufted Titmouse
2. Dark-Eyed Junco
3. Carolina Chickadee
4. Northern Mockingbird

nice shots! i'm a little out of practice but i think the birds you have there are:
1. Tufted Titmouse
2. Dark-Eyed Junco
3. Carolina Chickadee
4. Northern Mockingbird

Well, at least we agree on the first one. :) I'd have to agree with you about 3 and 4, now that I look at them. Black-capped and Carolina chickadees are practically identical. I'm so used to seeing black-capped chickadees that I never would have guessed that it was a Carolina chickadee. I'm not so sure about 2, though. All the pictures I've seen of dark-eyed juncos have them as grayish birds with darker heads. :|

Thanks for the ids I appreciate and for your comments. I really like digital and can never see myself going back.

Well, at least we agree on the first one. :) I'd have to agree with you about 3 and 4, now that I look at them. Black-capped and Carolina chickadees are practically identical. I'm so used to seeing black-capped chickadees that I never would have guessed that it was a Carolina chickadee. I'm not so sure about 2, though. All the pictures I've seen of dark-eyed juncos have them as grayish birds with darker heads. :|

hehe, yeah reason i said carolina chickadee is because i live in NC like the OP and thats what we get here. the black-capped chickadees only rarely come down. and 2 was hard for me. it looks like a 1st-year female dark-eyed junco to me. the 1st year females dont have the really distinctive dark heads. but i could be wrong, i havent really done much bird-watching for a few years and what i could have identified in a second or two back then now requires some thought.

hehe, yeah reason i said carolina chickadee is because i live in NC like the OP and thats what we get here. the black-capped chickadees only rarely come down. and 2 was hard for me. it looks like a 1st-year female dark-eyed junco to me. the 1st year females dont have the really distinctive dark heads. but i could be wrong, i havent really done much bird-watching for a few years and what i could have identified in a second or two back then now requires some thought.

I think you might be right. I just didn't know exactly what I was looking for when I was trying to identify it. The back and wings are definitely colored right. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back