Birders are odd

15 or so years ago I took a boat ride out of Ventura to the channel islands nwr. A load of birders, as there is a jay that lives no where else, were my companions and their life lists....Any way it drizzled the whole day and I went hiking. They got ready to leave and sent the park ranger to find me. Never saw the jay or the wild sheep but did see some grey whales. In short, good bird photography is done by good photographers. Bait them in to a set and use low power flash that doesn't scare them.

In short, good bird photography is done by good photographers. Bait them in to a set and use low power flash that doesn't scare them.

Ahhh That explains what I'm doing wrong then. Thanks for the tip. There is hope for me yet then and a great lesson learn't right there.

Danny.

Ahhh That explains what I'm doing wrong then. Thanks for the tip. There is hope for me yet then and a great lesson learn't right there.

Danny.

Just keep practicing Danny, eventually you'll get a good shot LOL

:Joker:

Danny.

Just keep practicing Danny, eventually you'll get a good shot LOL

:Joker:

Well I just found out how you do it Bill, nice sets and a large flash unit and bait them !! ;)

So what size flash unit do I need for Spoonbills flying at 300 feet and what set would you use ?? I could wave them in with a dead great white shark I guess, yeah that might work.

All the best Bill, I'm off to buy a large flash unit mounted on the back of a truck and a large fishing boat.

Danny.

Most reactions

Back