standingduck.jpg

spoonbill7.jpg

piedcrow2.jpg

egret61.jpg

Excellent captures.
Awsome details in all of them.

^^ what they all said! :)
Fantastic shooting

Yes, agree with all of the above. I particularly like #4.

You never fail to amaze. Excellent work.

Yes, very nice shots! As a beginner, I have to ask how much of the frame did the birds fill? I guess what I'm asking is were you able to get "close"? or did you have to crop a lot?

hey wow, thanks for all the nice comments :)

TwoRails, most of the pics just have a slight crop, i was using a 300mm lens coupled with a 1.4 teleconverter so in essence using a 420mm lens on a D200.

I'm kind of new at this. I assume you have an slr camera. How do you freeze the motion? Without having an SLR, would I be able to capture pictures like that with a 20x optical zoom shot in sports mode to freeze the picture. I can never get close enough to birds to get a shot.

Brian4all - from past experience, the non slr cameras I have used, it was always more difficult to get consistently sharp pictures.

With the SLR, you get full manual control, or aperture/shutter control and then you have a choice of which lens to use. My lens has very fast autofocus which is very handy with birds in flight which the non slr camera surely will lack.

I generally shoot aperture priority at about 5.6 to get the shots you see above.

I am not saying you wont get good shots shooting with your non slr, but I certainly think it will be alot harder and alot more frustrating. Just my opinion though.

Most reactions

Back