Birds in Florida Day 1

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We were in Orlando from the 7th to the 14th, and 8 days of shooting including 1 that we spent at Disney.. so I will try to bring these in organized by the day., and this might take a while! I will just post a few of the best shots, but there are many more on the website.

We had a great time, great weather, and I met a lot of people from another forum I belong to, as they had a meet up with about 20 photogs from all over there to shoot bird images.

here are a few... Day one was an afternoon shoot, and we got out of the airport around noon, and a 1 hour drive to the site... Viera Wetlands, on the east coast.. near Cape Canavera.

DSC_6061366w.jpg

DSC_6320452w.jpg

74438614.jpg

DSC_5972364w.jpg

DSC_6288451w.jpg

DSC_6337453w.jpg

thanks for looking..

These are just so razor sharp I'm in awe! :hail:

All are gorgeous, but 2 and 4 are my faves.

What can I say?
Impressive, as always!
Love the take-off photo of that heron with the "frozen" water at his feet.
What shutter speed is necessary for a photo like that?
(And cannot anyone give me the dollars as present that are required to get a lens like the one that these were taken with? Mine's 35 times cheaper ... and it SHOWS!)

#1, 2 & 6 are definitely NG worthy!!!!!!!!! :drool:

That color in #1 just really makes the image what it is. #2 is graceful and perfectly exposed. #6 is sharp and perfectly exposed as well. You really have some of the best bird shots Ive ever seen. Have you had any of the published? If not, you should. GREAT work! :thumbup:

thanks everyone!

that shutter speed was 1/5000 sec Lafoto.. too high actually.. f8 and 1/5000 would have been much better.

LDD.. no publishing just yet.. one author bought 3 images from me, 50 bucks each, but she has not yet published the book.

some day... maybe, but right now all I want to do is shoot!

thanks again!

yea these are super sharp ray... love the first one and the heron one.... great work :thumbup:

Amazing shots as always.
1,2 and 3 are my favorites.
Dani

Ray, I see on your website that it's ranked #59 of the top 500 birding websites, as ranked by traffic volume by birding website webmasters. (Whew, what a mouthful that is!) Anyhooo, that's pretty darn impressive, if you ask me!!!!

Ray, I see on your website that it's ranked #59 of the top 500 birding websites, as ranked by traffic volume by birding website webmasters. (Whew, what a mouthful that is!) Anyhooo, that's pretty darn impressive, if you ask me!!!!

thanks Anty.,, that it a ranking that changes due to numbers of ip different ip addresses logging into my website.. it changes all the time, but one day last week it was down to 29th., and yesterday it was up to 110., it all depends on how many people go into my website each day., as you mentioned.. traffic volume.

It really doesn't carry much value, but it brings in people from around the world to see my images, which is cool.

thanks for noticing!

#2 #3 :hail: incredible

Most reactions

Back