roofvogels670.jpg

roofvogels671.jpg

roofvogels672.jpg

roofvogels673.jpg

roofvogels674.jpg

There are more pics to be seen on www.daanschouwe.nl
Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

:hail:..i dont know why i even bother to show my pics on this site after seeing all these great pics from you guys:blushing:

Wow..these are awesome. Can I ask what lens you used for these? How close up were you able to get?

The eyes on the birds of both threads are amazing! Do you do anything in post to the eyes? If not, what lens do you use?

great shots....but i still dont see the point in talking pictures of captured animals. all the fun..and skill in my opinion, is finding and shooting them in the wild, and identifying them as well. just my thoughts

Another good series. Great job. I would also like to pose the question already asked, what lens did you use for these two threads?

The last one's my favorite. That'd make a neat avatar.

Very nice pictures! Gotta love the crispness!

great shots....but i still dont see the point in talking pictures of captured animals. all the fun..and skill in my opinion, is finding and shooting them in the wild, and identifying them as well. just my thoughts

You make a very interesting point. Although I agree with you (that it is tougher to shoot the same birds in the wild), I still think that pictures like this bring exposure to birds that you normally don't see too often. In my opinion, they can be viewed as both artistic and educational.
Anyways, great work!

I really like this series. Yes, #7 is a hands down winner for me as well, but I love the pattern on #5.

I don't mean to poke fun at any of your photos, but #3 cracks me up. The leather strapping is falling just right to look like little legs at first glance.

:thumbup::thumbup: Whoa...another stunning series. Well done Daan.

#7 :hail:
..i dont know why i even bother to show my pics on this site after seeing all these great pics from you guys
Thank you and you really should bother. Best way to learn. My first birds of prey pics were are disaster, but you get better with the practice :)
Wow..these are awesome. Can I ask what lens you used for these? How close up were you able to get?
Cheers and these were shot with a Sigma 70-300 4.0-5.6 APO. I was about 4 meters away for most of the shots.
The eyes on the birds of both threads are amazing! Do you do anything in post to the eyes? If not, what lens do you use?
Thanks. I didnt do anything special on the eyes. Just sharpening, levels, brightness/contrast, saturation and NeatImage. Thats done on the whole photo, not on the eyes only.
Thanks. First off, im sitting there anyways, so why not take pics while doing that. And you still need some skill to take the flying pics :)
But indeed, the fact that you dont have to go out and find them, makes it all alot easier. But i just dont have the funds to go to america and shoot an Harris Hawk, or to somewhere cold to shoot an Snowy owl :mrgreen:
Another good series. Great job. I would also like to pose the question already asked, what lens did you use for these two threads?
Thank you, i used the lens that i allready mentioned for the photo's in both threads.
Very nice pictures! Gotta love the crispness!
Thank you :)
I really like this series. Yes, #7 is a hands down winner for me as well, but I love the pattern on #5.

I don't mean to poke fun at any of your photos, but #3 cracks me up. The leather strapping is falling just right to look like little legs at first glance.
Thanks for the comment :) Would be pretty sh!tty if he would have legs like that. Mice would be laughing at him.
#7 also, excellent!
Cheers :)
Excellent as always. Well done.

Eric
Thank you :D

Most reactions

Back