TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
joeydsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
please critic.

emily1SMALL.jpg

I just did...in your other thread...lol.

I love this one. She looks amazing and you did a really good job making it into a perfect portrait.

Basic to portraiture is that NO part of the model or her clothes should blend into the background and in particular due to underexposure or poor lighting. I said it before and I will say it again: You need to look at the basics of good portraiture before continuing.

skieur

Basic to portraiture is that NO part of the model or her clothes should blend into the background and in particular due to underexposure or poor lighting. I said it before and I will say it again: You need to look at the basics of good portraiture before continuing.

skieur

i dun see how they blend in, but thanks for the pointers!

i dun see how they blend in, but thanks for the pointers!

Well, to put it more simply, you cannot tell where her clothes on the left end and the background begins.

skieur

Well, to put it more simply, you cannot tell where her clothes on the left end and the background begins.

skieur
AHH!!

I didn't even notice till you pointed it out, and now I can't get my eyes off it...lol. Good point.

Sorry. It does indeed look like she's lacking the lower half of her torso, and not simply because of the way she's sitting.

i like the shot, if you study if you find the flaws but i just like looking at pictures

Now that Skieur told the "proper" way to light a portrait, you can work on doing that, while keeping in mind that there are no rules to lighting a portrait. I think this works pretty well.

Now that Skieur told the "proper" way to light a portrait, you can work on doing that, while keeping in mind that there are no rules to lighting a portrait. I think this works pretty well.

Well said!

Nice shot just X joey

Well I got to agree with Digital Matt on this... "" while keeping in mind that there are no rules to lighting a portrait. I think this works pretty well. ""

This is your thing when it comes to shooting a persons portrait, your creation with light.. the important thing however is to make the client like it.. so in a case like this, hopefully you shot several exposures for her to choose.. and if this is the one that lit your fire as the artist, and also hers" , well mission accomplished !!

I do like the B+W of this shot , and the X-Lent Hair and facial detail.. My personal taste on composition , would have been to get myself lower with her, and make lens and her eyes on same level... I think this is pretty well done, ans applaud your choice of Horizontal for the twist!

skieur

this is pointless nit picking in my opinion. i feel that the shot works extremely well. the lighting, even exposure over the skin, focal length, composition is all good. im sure you and her are both very happy with how the shot came out

Most reactions

Back