Black and White TV

I like the idea but I think it might have been better with a little less noise and an old B&W movie playing on the screen.

I like the idea but I think it might have been better with a little less noise and an old B&W movie playing on the screen.

I think what Juga said can be an improvement, but I like it the way it is. Reminds me of the little houses shown getting smashed to bits in the nuclear weapon test footage in Dr. Strangelove.

Last edited:
Any picture can be "improved" to anyone taste, but this picture doesn't have any obvious technical flaws and is not bad from the composition point of view. What the picture has for sure, is a beautiful range of soft, interplaying tones and lines. If that was achieved on digital, then kudos to Mike.

I like it a lot. It conjures up feelings of simpler times.

Agree with timor,Nice shot. This brings back memories and I am not that old where I grew up on B&W TV but old enough that color TV's where built the same about 90 percent Box and 10 percent screen. How far technology has come is amazing. My only nit is I think you should have brought the camera left a little more to get a little more of the top left side of the TV.

The TV with a picture becomes a cheap copy of Friedlander, and inevitably becomes some sort of commentary on media. Without it, it's something else.

I like it, pretty well. I think I would have moved the TV slightly to the right, but that's just a quibble.

Nice. Would like to see it in color though I think.

Most reactions

Back