black and white

bixlaro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few months ago I got my hands on a minlota srt-101 (circa 1964) and a few lenses. After figuring out the built-in light meter and snagging a flash I’m doing alright. Now the only problem I’m having is black and white; two rolls in a row have come out blank. I am loading and (for lack of a better word) treating the B/W the same as the color rolls that have come out “fine”. If any one has any suggestions that would be great, this camera is older and smarter than I am so I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. Oh, and use small words, I have no idea what I’m doing.

I've merged the threads.

Please post your topic in one forum only. If you're not certain which forum would be best for your topic, pm one of the moderators. Everyone is glad to help! :)

Thanks!

If the loading of the camera and setting the exposure is the same for B&W and color, and if you are exposing the film correctly for its ISO rating, and if the color film is OK and there are no 'frames' on the B&W negatives, I can only suspect the processing.

Torus34 said:
One thing you are doing is posting the same question in two different sections of this forum.

don't worry ... gladly will he learn ;)

(i hope)

unless you are using C-41 B&W film (which is usually the only type available at places like wal mart/walgreen/meijers) you cannot process B&W film the same way as color film. all of the places listed above do not process B&W film. they may have a service where they send it off to some other place, but thats only if you ask, or they specifically know that they cannot run traditional B&W film in their machines.

my suggestion would be, shoot a roll of Ilford HP5 400 or Kodak T-Max 400 and take it to a professional camera shop.
This is the only reason i can think of as to why color film would work find but not black and white

Most reactions

New Topics

Back