black background please !!!!!

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Is there anyway someone can add a plugin to the forum that will allow for viewing pictures on a black background. ? Most photos are not designed to be viewed on white and its really bugging me,

I think framing the pictures in photo shop will inflate file sizes big time.

It could just be a button you click yes or no when pasting the image url.

I dunno, is this possible. I would use the bgcolor = black code but html is not allowed in its entirety.

Just an idea , anyone else wanting to see this ?

Just an idea , anyone else wanting to see this ?
I'm totally down with this suggestion! :thumbup: I run all my apps with neutral or dark interfaces and have squinted upon visiting this forum, usually a sign of too much puter time.

-S

Yeah, that is a good idea !

From an admin / dev point of view i can't imagine it would be too difficult to either mod the existing IMG tags, or (easier still) create a custom BLKIMG tag for example, which works in the same way as IMG, but just tags along style="border:10px solid #000" or code to that effect.

Cool idea anyhow :thumbup: :)

Set your default background color to black in your browser, and right click on a picture and choose "view image".

I'm pretty sure it's only Firefox that has the option to view an image like that on a black background. I haven't updated IE from version 6, so I'm not sure if the newer version has that option. I know Slimbrowser doesn't have that option, and Opera has an "open image" option that still displays it on a white page even if it's set to black.

Yeah, that is a good idea !

From an admin / dev point of view i can't imagine it would be too difficult to either mod the existing IMG tags, or (easier still) create a custom BLKIMG tag for example, which works in the same way as IMG, but just tags along style="border:10px solid #000" or code to that effect.

Cool idea anyhow :thumbup: :)

Forum skin background table set to #000000 ;)

I think framing the pictures in photo shop will inflate file sizes big time.

but not the file size if it is jpeg. at least only by a tiny fraction since it is a plain area with one colour only. compression works hyper-well.

Also, I think on many images black would be too heavy ...

thanks,

I guess Ill just to the framing thing for now. Cool ideas are out there though..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back