Black-Capped Chickadee

$naps!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.urbanuprise.net
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the spring I was walking one day and I came across some Chickadees. I know that somtimes they will eat out of my hand. I fed them with my left hand streched out and shot with the "kit" 18-70 wide open. It was kinda tough to do, they are really fast, but I got a few pics. Hope you like em..]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
blackcapped.jpg
[/FONT]

This picture was motion blured, and also kinda soft. I added lots of contrast and brightness and I think it turned out kinda neat.

[/FONT]
2006-05-01_09-51-41t2w800.jpg
[/FONT]

Those are great...especially the 2nd one.

Wow, how impressive, you photographed these one-handedly with them as close as being on your own left hand ... now how far can my envy still go after this, I wonder? And the outcome is, indeed, wonderful to look at. In both. Mostly so in 2 with the very detailed spread wing-feathers. Wow.

I am in awe of that first shot ( and the 2nd ) magic shots

[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TY guys! Cool birds huh.
I really like these tiny guys.
When they feed its usually in a group. It's cool because they get all excited when they know you have food. The males do their loud chrips to alert the rest . They have an order to the eating. "pecking order". They come 1 at a time to feed. If one bird tries to but in line, they get booted out fast, usually with loud squawks as a scolding. The first picture was the last bird in the pecking order, he came back a couple time to eat that day.

I hope to try again soon to capture them, its a good time of year, but this time with the 60mm :)
[/FONT]

Most reactions

Back