Black Cats.. Not a Photographers friend

karissa

The Untitled
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Figures.. the cat that ended up being part of my little family is solid black.:lol: I did finally get a few pictures that didn't look to bad.... or at least I hope.. I guess its up to you guys.

5 Minute Cat Nap
1306-DSC_1135bsm.jpg

Laptop DustCover.....
1306-DSC_1087b.jpg

Aww, cute kitty. I hear you about the hard to photograph color! I've got a (tortoise shell?- that's what we call 'em) black and brown one. She's so cute but when photographed she ends up looking like a turd with eyes.:(

A turd! Poor kitty!

I find I have to tell the cam to over expose a stop or two. But, then again.. thats not always a sure fire way either.... and the darn thing moves to fast unless he is asleep....

I want a kitten :(

Sure, I have two 3-year-old cats..but..I want a kitten :(

or I want to go back in time with my camera to when they were kittens..yeah, that!

"Midnight" is a beautiful name, all black cats are my all-time favourite colour cats (though we went for a striped one ... what do you call "striped" again? "Tabby"?), and black cats are EXTREMELY difficult to photograph. I did a session for friends with their all black tom-cat and my, it WAS a challenge! Also because that "Paul" would not sit still!!! (But one of my pics "made the press" in the end :biggrin: )

And your "Midnight" still is very, very young, hm?
I must never let Sabine see these ... she will wail again and again: "Oh why did we have Mia spayed, I would have LOVED to have kittens at least ONCE!" I must agree that kittens look super-cute! But....

Awww... Will this little boy is already fixed and just over 3 months old. He def. has lots of personality. Anyone living in our house would just about have to.

hey... the laptop dust cover idea is great! I need such a thingy!

He is Mine! Get your own!:lol: Unfortunantly, that usually means he is pushing buttons and that cat has done things in 2 seconds that take me all day to fix.

Awww...Sooo tiny!

I have a black cat too, and I hear what you're saying about difficulties photographing them! The only way I can get decent shots is using natural light...

Oh my God. This thread is ANCIENT.
I am sure that cat no longer is tiny at all. The thread was started over 2 years ago! Who undigs such old threads, and why?

:lol: wow necromancy.... I won't complain though, Black cats are tough to shoot, I have got a couple of them my self. One is mine the other is my sisters.

I like the third one the best, He looks to be in far better health.

How is he now, Is he still at home?

*EDIT*
Oh my God. This thread is ANCIENT.
I am sure that cat no longer is tiny at all. The thread was started over 2 years ago! Who undigs such old threads, and why?

It happens, atleast there are still pictures to view so it holds some semblance of relevance

"Midnight" is a beautiful name, all black cats are my all-time favourite colour cats

I had a black cat once, she was wonderful and I still miss her heaps.

I heard of a little girl who always wanted a black cat so she could call it midnight. She longed for it more than anything. Then when she was old enough to look after a cat, they went to the vet or the pound or wherever to get a cat, and they did. The girl saw a cat and fell in love with it and decided she wanted that one. Only then, however, did they notice a little bit of white on the cat. The girl realised that because the cat wasn't completely black she couldn't call it midnight after all. So instead, she named the cat....

11:45.

Most reactions

Back