Black-crowned Night Heron

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Would you care to share the location?

WesternGuy

WesternGuy
All shots of the Herons were shot at the "Circle B Bar Reserve" in Lakeland, Florida with a 100-400L Canon Lens. This is one of the favorite places in Florida for wildlife photographers.

Very nice, I like how they lower their heads into their wings when resting.

WesternGuy
All shots of the Herons were shot at the "Circle B Bar Reserve" in Lakeland, Florida with a 100-400L Canon Lens. This is one of the favorite places in Florida for wildlife photographers.

As noted - on my list of places to visit - next time. I have been to Viera, Merritt Island, Titusville, the Venus Rookery, Ding Darling and a few others, but never there.

WesternGuy

Really nice, but why not 8x10 portrait?

Default Adobe processing of raw file? Colors are washed out.

I absolutely love this photo. The focusing on the subject is great!

:scratch: Or perhaps there's something amiss with your monitor? Colors don't seem washed out at all to me. Floridaphoto, this is STUNNING. I've seen a few others from you in the last day or two and haven't had time to comment, but really some awesome stuff.

You are making me want to figure out how to manage a trip to Florida very, very badly... :lmao:

:scratch: Or perhaps there's something amiss with your monitor? Colors don't seem washed out at all to me. Floridaphoto, this is STUNNING. I've seen a few others from you in the last day or two and haven't had time to comment, but really some awesome stuff.

You are making me want to figure out how to manage a trip to Florida very, very badly... :lmao:

Thank you very much for the nice comment. The best time to come to Florida is in the winter when all of the migrating birds are here, but most of the birds are here year round. I think the best place for bird photography in Florida is at the "Circle B Bar Reserve" near Lakeland.

:scratch: Or perhaps there's something amiss with your monitor? Colors don't seem washed out at all to me. Floridaphoto, this is STUNNING.

I'm looking at this on my Galaxy S3 and it looks just beautiful - nice saturation, contrast, and vibrancy. 2 thumbs up.

Tedski

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."-- G. Marx

That's good to know. A Florida bird trip has been on my bucket list for a long time, but I really wasn't sure where to go since it is a rather big state ;)

Beautiful shot to. My only nit pick is I wish the red eye and the yellow on his face were a little more prominent.

Most reactions

Back