Black Friday

I know nothing of shopping or retail sales. On the other hand my wife is the manager of a small record store. The shop sinks deeper in the hole each year. Black Friday on this end means that no one goes shopping, because they are skiing.

We as working class consumers deserve global commerce and megastores. That's cool. Personally I am a little leery of commerce that shuts out the local shop owner.

Shop locally and think globally!

Disclaimer: I just had to throw out my two cents. The topic hits home and I could not keep my trap shut. This no place for an e commerce debate.

craig said:
I know nothing of shopping or retail sales. On the other hand my wife is the manager of a small record store. The shop sinks deeper in the hole each year. Black Friday on this end means that no one goes shopping, because they are skiing.

We as working class consumers deserve global commerce and megastores. That's cool. Personally I am a little leery of commerce that shuts out the local shop owner.

Shop locally and think globally!

Disclaimer: I just had to throw out my two cents. The topic hits home and I could not keep my trap shut. This no place for an e commerce debate.

I'll sing a praise to this. Even though I buy my electronics at a large store I try to support the local guy. There is a small Ace Hardware 3 blocks from my home that gets ALL of my outdoor stuff sales. There is a Huge-Ass Lowes about 2 miles away but when I go into Ace it is kind of nice to see the manager happy that Im there, instead of at Lowes that needs to check my receipt to make sure I didnt steal anything.

Oh and I don't do the Wal-Mart thing.

Wal-Mart = Demise of the World

Got up at 3:00 to head to Best Buy that opened at 5:00...got there about 3:15 and the line was at the end of the building already...people had been there since 10:45pm Thursday night :lmao: They ran out of the cheap computers before they made it to us, but my brother actually ended up getting a much better computer that was still really cheap...I got myself the iPod Nano :mrgreen: Picked up the cheap mp3 player for a friend, got a dvd recorder for my parents christmas gift...and a $4 dvd :) And we were out of the store pretty fast too...didn't get those 2 for a $1 Giant Hershey bars though :lol:

eromallagadnama said:
Got up at 3:00 to head to Best Buy that opened at 5:00...got there about 3:15 and the line was at the end of the building already...people had been there since 10:45pm Thursday night :lmao: They ran out of the cheap computers before they made it to us, but my brother actually ended up getting a much better computer that was still really cheap...I got myself the iPod Nano :mrgreen: Picked up the cheap mp3 player for a friend, got a dvd recorder for my parents christmas gift...and a $4 dvd :) And we were out of the store pretty fast too...didn't get those 2 for a $1 Giant Hershey bars though :lol:

Ya know...we still have those in stock at our store!!! (not for that price though! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back