Black line?

pacu928

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a quick question. My 10 year old cousin grabbed my Minolta X370 the other night and snapped a couple of pics at the end of the roll of film. He particularly likes my lifted Cherokee LOL. He didn't know what he was doing so please pardon the overexposure, washout and over-powering flash. My question is this....what could be causing the black line on the right of the photo. I wasn't too worried about this and the others since it was only 5 pics at the end of the roll and figured the kid did something wrong. But now, I got a call from the photo lab telling me that most of my latest roll has this black line. Anyone have any ideas? Solutions?

Thanks in advance!!:thumbup:

blackline.jpg

Yup, looks like the shutter speed was too high for flash shots. Each camera has a maximum speed that can be used with flash. It's usually between 1/60 to 1/250 for these types of cameras.

Ok so its nothing to really worry about when it comes to taking it to get repaired? The flash I have is roughly as old as the x370...I'm guessing 20 years old. It has a DIAL on the back LOL.

I found this camera a couple summers ago during a summer groundskeeping job. Turned it in to my boss and it was mine a month later.

Set a lower shutter speed and try some flash shots...see if the problem is gone. It could also be a sticky shutter, in which case it would need to be repaired.

Just to reiterate, the camera may not need repair. Using the flash with a shutter speed of 1/125 will produce results like this. Try making some flash photos with the shutter set at 1/60 or slower. It's likely this will solve your problem.

Pete

Just to reiterate, the camera may not need repair. Using the flash with a shutter speed of 1/125 will produce results like this. Try making some flash photos with the shutter set at 1/60 or slower. It's likely this will solve your problem.

Pete

Right!

Flash sync on the X-370 is 1/60th no faster. Probably left the camera in a higher speed is all it is. Don't know if that camera has an "X" on the shutter speed, which could also be the answer for the right way to set it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back