Black speck in viewfinder

lordson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, when i look through my viewfinder, there is a black speck on it. like an extremely thin and small hair. Its not the on the outside

It's brand spanking new, a couple of days old, i was really careful not to get any dust in it when i put the lens on for the first time

anyway i openede it up and blew into the mirror and the viewfinder bit inside the camera to no avail. then i blew into the snesor but the spot is still there

i then got a tissue and carefully romived any specks of anything resembling sdust from the mirror and inside viewfinder, abut ehb lack speck is still there!!

i took a photo of a white sheet of paper, with a pen pointing to where the black speck is where i can see through the viewfinder, but it doesn't show up in the picture

i can live with it, but its driving me nuts at the moment

what do you think i should do?

cheers

it's in the viewfinder. Just forget about it. It'll likely disappear.

shake the camera, but not violently, and for god's sake don't drop it. Maybe you'll dislodge it (I doubt that though)

It doesn't matter in the viewfinder, but PLEASE don't blow into your camera, esp. not on to the sensor. You'll just get condensation and spittle in there, and then you'll have to clean your sensor. Cleaning it is not that big a deal, but still harder than ignoring some dirt the viewfinder.

Nonetheless, I've been hearing that a lot recently, and it's a quality control issue... there's no reason to have any dirt in a new camera.

dammit. bugging the bejussus outta me.

i tried to make sure that i didn't get any spittle or condensation in it

especially the sensor

ill try to take it back to the camera shop and see what they have to say about it

Nah - I got the same problem as you a bit after I got my camera. You realise even if you get it clean - you'll probably end up with dirt/dust in the viewfinder again anyway? :p

Good luck ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back