Black, White and Red

Allsmiles7282

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this picture recently and I really liked it but I think the reflection of the trees in the window above the door takes away from the photo. Anny suggestions?

reddoor2%20copy.jpg

Great photo, I like the darkness and how simple your subject with that one punch of color. As for the window...you could always ps the windows to get rid of the leaves. However, I think that if you do that the window will become more of a focus and distract from the door.

Ordinarily I don't like selective color but this works. For me I think I would like to see the window have a bit of color, perhaps the sky and clouds to make it pop out a bit. Other than that it is a nice image.

Something else you might want to try is to adjust the Levels to get more pop out of the B&W section. I'll show you what I'm thinking if it's cool to edit it.

rmh159 said:
Something else you might want to try is to adjust the Levels to get more pop out of the B&W section. I'll show you what I'm thinking if it's cool to edit it.

edit away, i don't mind!

rmh's edit looks great. My only suggestion is maybe a subtle vignette. For some reason it seems to fit in my head.

Great symmetry

Peanuts said:
rmh's edit looks great. My only suggestion is maybe a subtle vignette. For some reason it seems to fit in my head.

Great symmetry

rmh: I originally had it closer to how you edited it, but I just felt it lost reality a bit, it looked a little too photoshoped! However, I dig your edit!

Peanuts, you rock the house! So I took your advice and added a little vignette!

So here is the red door redux...

reddoorredux.jpg

Yeah I know what you mean. I think it looks Photoshopped just cuz the shot is B&W except for the door plus the red is really saturated. What do others think? I like your correction though... maybe even better than mine. :wink:

Most reactions

Back