Black & White c&c

Ecas32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys

ive always wanted to make one of these black and whites but didnt really know how to go about doing it. well any way i went out and took shot of a flower and just started messin around with it with gimp.

so here we are 3 hours later lol.
so... i guess i achieved what i was looking for... give or take a little....

shot at 1/640 f5.6 and ISO800

yes i know those are rediculous.
i just went out real quick and took kinda a snap shot and didnt really even think about my settings.

IMG_1948_1.jpg

heres another b&l.

(2) 1 sec f4 ISO200

IMG_1964_1.jpg

like the flowr

thanks ricky

anybody else?

I don't think they are rediculous, I personaly love them!! Nice work!!

oh thanks but i meant the settings i used were completly unessisary

Het Ethan,

What method and software did you use to convert the images to black & white? Desaturation, Greyscale, adjustment layers, channel paths?

The focus on the flower is soft and there is detail in the petals and stamen that haven't been fully developed. Where the image really suffers is in the midtone contrast. You might try some luminosity sharpening and dodging on a separate layers to finalize the petal details.

The guitars are backwards. Well, what I mean is light approaches and dark recedes. The image would be much stronger were the dark guitar the furthest from the lens. It would add a lot more depth to the image and make it feel more spacious. Again contrast, particularly in the midtones is lacking and making both images feel fairly flat lighting wise. Judicious use of dodge and burn would help add depth to the light.

hey guys

ive always wanted to make one of these black and whites but didnt really know how to go about doing it. well any way i went out and took shot of a flower and just started messin around with it with gimp.

so here we are 3 hours later lol.
so... i guess i achieved what i was looking for... give or take a little....

shot at 1/640 f5.6 and ISO800

yes i know those are rediculous.
i just went out real quick and took kinda a snap shot and didnt really even think about my settings.

IMG_1948_1.jpg

IMG_1948_1.jpg

Most reactions

Back