Black & White

skyonfire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all.. these are from a set I took last week.As always C&C welcome..

1)
015_15bw.jpg

2)
017_17bw.jpg

3)
024_24bw.jpg

Much better than the ones posted last week. Not nearly as soft, so that's a great improvement. Lighting appears to still be off. I'm not expert and basically just getting into studio l ighting myself, but in the first two there are some pretty harsh shadows and harsh lighting in general, and some pretty intense shadows.

In first and second images, looks like most of the lighting fell onto their right arms, making contributing to the flat look of them.

Third image i like although his face is blown out a bit.

What type of lighting are you using. Is any of it diffused.

Okay, now when i post my first studio sets you can lash out at me. HAHA

Seriously, though much more improved over last week IMHO.

Third image looks good.. good poste

I am using three stobes.. The main and fill are diffused with softboxes... and the third is the background light.. and that's where I messed up on these shots.. I didn't diffuse it with anything this time.. just to see what would happen.. and I found out..That's where the light on their right arms is comng from.. and that's what created the harsh shadows... So.. I know for next time.. Thanks for everything.. and when you post your set.. I'll be sure to give ya my feedback... harsh or not... it's what I want and need to get it right...

Well i'm gonna be fumbling my way around quite a bit. it's been forever and a day since i've shot with lights, but hoping it won't take long to figure it out. the fun is in the playing with it.

Yeah.. it is fun... but I think my hubby is starting to get tired of sittin still so long.. I may have to find another subject...

Most reactions

Back