Blacklight photography

Lady~S

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm not a photographer, but I'm talking with a friend who's thinking about holding an art exhibit. We were thinking we would do an entirely blacklight based art exhibit, and were wondering wheather regular black and white photography would show up nicely, or if there's a special type of paper that could be used.

Thanks so much

Not an entire exhibition - but backlit photographs have been done for a long time. The technical term for it is 'contre jour'.

Hertz van Rental said:
Not an entire exhibition - but backlit photographs have been done for a long time. The technical term for it is 'contre jour'.

"contre jour" I like that.

It's actually going to be a music(many types), breakdancing, and art exhibit. If he can swing it, there will also be food there, and some of the photo's will be auctioned off.

Thank's so much

Oh god. What have I done.

She's here.

P.S. I think she's talking about showing the printed pictures under a blacklight. Not taking them with blacklight as the light source.

bace said:
P.S. I think she's talking about showing the printed pictures under a blacklight. Not taking them with blacklight as the light source.

You are corerct sir!!

btw - lol. I'm here.

p.s. Bace is a tranny

Nice avatar, who ever took that is a really good photographer.

P.S. Lady~S is a tranny too. That's why she likes me.

bace said:
Nice avatar, who ever took that is a really good photographer.

P.S. Lady~S is a tranny too. That's why she likes me.

Stop ballwashing yourself. I put the pic in there because I knew you'd see it.

p.s. That photograher screws tranny's

Be careful around these parts. You have to be nice to people, otherwise you end up banned like me.

Hertz van Rental said:
Hertz you're confused... the poster is asking about bLacklights, as in ultraviolet light. Contre jour is when you have backlighting (no L), meaning when the main source of light is behind the subject.

As for blacklight photography, I recently took some shots using a blacklight myself.I have yet to develop the film, though. I'll let you know if anything comes out well.

Unimaxium said:
Hertz you're confused... the poster is asking about bLacklights, as in ultraviolet light. Contre jour is when you have backlighting (no L), meaning when the main source of light is behind the subject.

As for blacklight photography, I recently took some shots using a blacklight myself.I have yet to develop the film, though. I'll let you know if anything comes out well.

Lemmmie clear it up.

We're looking at putting up black and white photographs up under a bLacklight setting.

:)

Unimaxium said:
Hertz you're confused...
I know. I misread and thought she said 'back light'!
What can I say - I'm just a poor, confused old man :lol:

(If you'd have said 'ultraviolet' then I would have understood....)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back