Blackwater River -- I love this place.

It is very beautiful, I love it too!

I can see why. Great location, great shot, I love it

Awesome capture, a beautiful time of day.

The name recalls a terrific metal album, Blackwater Park bu Swedish band Opeth. I really like your work. What were your settings?

Great photo. The water almost looks like asphalt. I love the way you framed the shot too. How long was your exposure?

Thanks everyone!

Great photo. The water almost looks like asphalt. I love the way you framed the shot too. How long was your exposure?

The name recalls a terrific metal album, Blackwater Park bu Swedish band Opeth. I really like your work. What were your settings?

I know that album but haven't heard it in a long time. It is a good one!

It is a 30 second exposure @ f/7.1. Nikon D7000 + 35mm f/1.8 lens. I used a 9-stop neutral density filter to be able to take such a long exposure shot. I tried the shot earlier while there was still some sunlight on the trees, but the light was harsh and too contrasty so I waited until the sunset.

Great capture! I used that exact set up HERE, I need to get out there during the golden hours.

nice shots, I like the first one. With the ND you can get pretty interesting patterns but getting high up and looking down on the pool below the falls. I wanted to get a higher perspective to photograph this river from, but it was a long weekend and someone was camped out in the spot with the view. It's normally pretty deserted there. I will have to go back sometime and try it from there ...

Great capture! I used that exact set up HERE, I need to get out there during the golden hours.

nice shots, I like the first one. With the ND you can get pretty interesting patterns but getting high up and looking down on the pool below the falls. I wanted to get a higher perspective to photograph this river from, but it was a long weekend and someone was camped out in the spot with the view. It's normally pretty deserted there. I will have to go back sometime and try it from there ...

and YES! I agree, I would love to see those shots at sunrise or sunset!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back