Blahhhh anyone seen my mojo??

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I've been in a downtime for a little while now, not feeling it and not really shooting and it's starting to seriously bum me out.
"le sigh"
I think part of it is working on the "business" side of things, it has stolen my mojo, I'm not enjoying getting it all set up and having a hard time staying on task.
I swear my brain just has a mind of it's own most days lately, it goes on strike when I try to force it to stay on this task and I know until I finish this it won't change (been here done this more than once).

Today I really miss my mojo, has anyone seen it by chance?

Seriously considering it!

Pick something that you've always wanted to do but haven't yet....and force yourself to start doing it. We always think that we don't have time, money or motivation for the things we really want to do...but once we actually do them...we always say "I should have done that a long time ago"

Or just let it be. Sometimes your mojo needs a rest. Nobody's gonna die if you don't take pictures for a bit.

For best results, you need to balance letting your mojo rest, and pushing your mojo to go work. Since you're not getting paid (?) you don't even need to get Best Results.

I think your mojo and my mojo must have run off together. :lmao:

Actually, I think my problem isn't so much mojo downtime as it is RAIN, RAIN and even more RAIN. I swear, I don't even remember the last time we had two days in a row without rain, and I'm not sure we've had a rainless weekend the entire summer. It is definitely dragging me down. We are currently something like 18 inches above normal rainfall amounts for this area--in fact, I think (if I remember right) we hit our average ANNUAL rainfall amount back in June. It sucks.

However, tomorrow is supposed to be pretty, finally. A clear, rain-free Saturday??? I'll believe it when I see it--but I plan to go SOMEWHERE and shoot something!

I suggest you refer to my other thread for advice on how to get you mojo back.

It's time for some new gear. That always makes me want to get out and shoot more.
Well.... I'm not allowed to buy anything else until I learn flash :blushing: Which makes this all the worse! I have two flashes and have never used both of them at the same time! Argh!
Pick something that you've always wanted to do but haven't yet....and force yourself to start doing it. We always think that we don't have time, money or motivation for the things we really want to do...but once we actually do them...we always say "I should have done that a long time ago"
Ok this plus Ron's reply and Andrew's "don't need best results" have me thinking... thread to come ;) lol
Or just let it be. Sometimes your mojo needs a rest. Nobody's gonna die if you don't take pictures for a bit.

For best results, you need to balance letting your mojo rest, and pushing your mojo to go work. Since you're not getting paid (?) you don't even need to get Best Results.
Yeah I'm not going to force it, I know it will come back, I'm just starting to miss it this time around, it's been the longest I've gone yet without my mojo. Nope not getting paid at this point but I do have a plan to have all my ducks in a row by spring to be ready for next tourist season up here so I'm working towards getting paid and making little to no progress in general.
Thanks for the reminder about "best results" ;)
I think your mojo and my mojo must have run off together. :lmao:

Actually, I think my problem isn't so much mojo downtime as it is RAIN, RAIN and even more RAIN. I swear, I don't even remember the last time we had two days in a row without rain, and I'm not sure we've had a rainless weekend the entire summer. It is definitely dragging me down. We are currently something like 18 inches above normal rainfall amounts for this area--in fact, I think (if I remember right) we hit our average ANNUAL rainfall amount back in June. It sucks.

However, tomorrow is supposed to be pretty, finally. A clear, rain-free Saturday??? I'll believe it when I see it--but I plan to go SOMEWHERE and shoot something!
Sharon! That's where it is! Jeeez, I hate it when they wander off like that ;)
We have been pretty much the opposite, a few random storms quickly roll through but overall pretty darn dry, autumn is sneaking up on us quickly here and random trees are just starting to change colours, I'm sure the change of scenery will help ;)
Looking forward to seeing what you find tomorrow!
I suggest you refer to my other thread for advice on how to get you mojo back.
Ha! Get the creative juices flowing? :lol:

Last edited:

You can get your mojo back--BUT..be very,very careful of the coffee that's served...

Last edited by a moderator:
...Well.... I'm not allowed to buy anything else until I learn flash Which makes this all the worse! I have two flashes and have never used both of them! Argh!...
Now... if ONLY there was some place you could go or some group of people from whom you could seek assistance on the topic of using flash as part of your exposure process... Huh... I wonder...

Now... if ONLY there was some place you could go or some group of people from whom you could seek assistance on the topic of using flash as part of your exposure process... Huh... I wonder...

See! Even more reason that this is silly! I have a crazy number of ideas just rolling around in my head and pretty much everything I need to get them out right at my fingertips...
I'm trying to put together a thread now to see if I can get some direction ;)

I feel like that with my Kids some days,that I need a vacation some down time alone with a bottle of tequila. If I do see your Mojo running in CT, I will call the police and have them return it to you but do have a picture of what Mojo looks like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back