Blank film?

amara_shadow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a roll of film to get processed in the weekend, and when I went to pick it up, the guy told me that most of the film was blank - and only 6 pictures came out - ie nothing else on the film. They said that I must have taken the back off the camera while the film was in it or something...but I definitely didn't....a few of the photos at the beginning were fine, as were the few at the end. All the ones in the middle are nowhere to be seen.

Any idea what could have happened? This will be the third roll of film I have taken, and the first two came out perfectly.....

Thanks

well if it was blank, that means no light got to it at all.
Which means you savagely underexposed.

but if its black, you savagely overexposed.

lens cap ?
Stuck shutter ?
Only roll I ever had with nothin at all on it was the one I fixed before I developed it....:er:....I then went on to pour developer into my fixer stock...double....:er:
What camera is it ?

or there is something wrong with film transport in the camera and it just skipped some of the images on the roll

I sure hope there is nothing wrong with the camera - it's a minolta x-300s. Took another roll of film the other day - hopefully that one comes out alright!

let us know how this new roll comes out. It could be a few reasons:1.All the film was underexposed 2.The camera failed to advance the film properly 3.The shutter failed to fire. 4. Or maybe the film lab grossly over fixed your film(Least possible explanation). If the next roll comes out the same then the camera is definetly broken. If not then it might have the conditions you were shooting in or a developing issue.

That happened to me before as well, I am certain my incident was due to a faulty load. Having incorrectly loaded it, the film did not advance properly.

(re read - Disreguard)

You mentioned that the frames at the end of the film came out OK. How does the blank area start? Is it abrupt, so that you go from perfectly blank film to a perfect, sharp-edged frame, or does it fade out? What might have been different about the ones that didn't come out?

Best,
Helen

Now that I go back and re read the OP to see if it was mentioned wich end it was I see it was both ends had images. (disreguard my previous post) Is the shutter electronically opperated?

Most reactions

Back