Bleak and gloomy (landscape photography)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Inspired by Hertz-van-Rental's latest landscape contribution, I feel like showing these, too. This is how our countryside is back to looking, after the brief spell of "real winter" (in March!) with the lovely snow, which is now only left in parts, where it looks dirty and ugly.

Actually, the three photos I'm going to put up now were taken more than two weeks ago, but they as well represent what our "spring" is like now and what our winter was like for most of the time. It is high time for some green to come back!

Feld1.jpg

Feld2.jpg

Feld3.jpg

Can you tell why Hertz-van-Rental's photos made me think of these?

Edit: I'm appalled by the poor poor quality of the scan! What is going wrong with my scans? I used to be happy with them. Is it the new screen that is showing me all their faults over digital photos???? Aargh!:x :x :confused: :confused:

I've made a decision.
Not only because the world is bleak and gloomy right now (today's promising to be nice, by the way), but also because the turnout of replies on these is kind of bleak --- and all three of these are scanned prints. And I'm realising with my new screen that all my scans are a horrible quality.
I'll erase all the prints I ever scanned from my harddisk (and they are many, since I've only owned a digital camera for four weeks, but a "normal" one for decades) and rescan whatever I feel I want to have in the computer - this time trying out whether the new scanner that also scans negatives will yield any better results...
For I am quite unhappy with the scanned prints of mine that I new see in a totally different light (i.e. the bright light of my new TFT monitor...).

The quality is a bit poor - the bleached quality works against the mood of the image and kills it.
But don't throw any pictures away. You might not like the quality but the ideas may be good and you might want to go back to them at some point.
If you want a serious crit with advice on improvement PM me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back