Bleak Winter

WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
8cd5f0a06153bf811d2889061fa839d9.jpg

Taken yesterday, right after the first real snowfall of the year. I purposely upped the contrast and made the snow and sky really stark white; I really wanted it to have a harshness to it, since that's usually how I think of winter... Comments? Critiques?

I really like this, Wendy! The comp is great (love the path leading away) and the high contrast works very well.

Where in Canada are you? I'm from Toronto :)

I like it.

:thumbup:

I like it!
Your stark contrasts don't make this particular winter photo look "bleak" though, I think. Bleakness has to do with many "greys" in my estimation, but stark blacks and white whites (suggesting fresh, still clean snow) look GOOD to me!

Hence: this photo looks GOOD to me :D

(I am NOT looking forward to OUR first snow of the year, which - living in the lowlands - may take yet another while, though they have forecast something like "rain gradually becoming snow also in the lowlands" :roll: )

Corinna, your LUCKY to get snow. Us southern californians have to drive all the way to Mt. Whitney if we want to experience snow. :grumpy:

It's not so nice when it's wet snow and you have to spend hours shoveling it out of your driveway since the snowblower can cope with the heavy snow.

;)

Awesome shot

[JR];1036693 said:
It's not so nice when it's wet snow and you have to spend hours shoveling it out of your driveway since the snowblower can cope with the heavy snow.

Haha at least my kid self could get a job shoveling snow for people, here the only thing I can really do is have lemonade stands. :lol:

cool shot heh heh...agree with Corinna, the high contrast really appeals and makes the scene look clean and bright. I'm looking forward to my first European winter :)....well first since I was 5 y/o anyway.

Thanks for all the feedback; I'm glad you guys liked it :)

I'm in Ottawa; we got over 10cm of snow yesterday... looks like winter's here to stay!

i like it...doesn't feel overly dark/bleak

Most reactions

Back