Blemish on Photos... Edit Help!

AlxMac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
PwBOBcm

Hello folks...

So on a recent trip to Bryce Canyon silly me didn't properly clean my lens before my day out. As you can see from the picture there is a blemish that makes the photo look terrible. I didn't notice this until after my day out, checking the snaps later in the evening, so now I have a full day of blemished photos. Do any of you guys know a way in which you can edit this out? I have access to photoshop & lightroom. Oh, and yes I forgot to put my filter on :icon_pissedoff:

Any help would be much appreciated!
(First post so if this isn't allowed feel free to remove)

Last edited:
how will we know if we cant see the spot?

n/m you posted from google, that's blocked for me here...

Is imgur accepted? If not, please advise...

I'd try using a Lightroom adjustment brush and using the burn tool with fairly low setting values, and going over the areas several times (three passes or four) so that you can darken the areas slowly, in small steps. Maybe also add a little bit of clarity, and brush that on. Not going to be all that fun processing an entire day's worth of this...but you WILL learn a new processing trick!

I think this might be a rear element smudge...

P
I'd try using a Lightroom adjustment brush and using the burn tool with fairly low setting values, and going over the areas several times (three passes or four) so that you can darken the areas slowly, in small steps. Maybe also add a little bit of clarity, and brush that on. Not going to be all that fun processing an entire day's worth of this...but you WILL learn a new processing trick!

I think this might be a rear element smudge...
Perfect Derrel, i'll give that a go and see how it turns out. I will just put my head down and get on to it haha. Thanks for your help!

If the smudges are in the same place for the entire day and you can get one looking good.
Then you can select some/all of them and synchronize the edits. and the corrections will be the same on each one.
I will get a couple of screen shots and post them in here.

In Library module, select the edited one then holding down the control key, select the others that you want to synch to.
Note that the border of the original is relatively light and the border of the targets are duller.

upload_2016-3-30_16-10-18.png

then click on Synchronize Settings (1), then select the edits you want to sync to the targets (2) , then click on Synchronize (3)

upload_2016-3-30_16-13-25.png

Last edited:
Besides the blemish, there seems to be a bit of motion blur and unsharpness which, if edited, produces a nicer, cleaner image, I think

canyonlll.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back