Blind Determination

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I figured I'd have to give in to the chess photography rage. :) I couldn't quite get the perspective I wanted because my lens doesn't focus close enough. :( I feel like it's a bit too dark. Thoughts?

BlindDetermination.jpg

holy crap! When I was scrolling down I didn't expected this small fell there :) hahah great picture! not to dark for me becauseyou got really nice texture on the pawn

I have the most nit-picky critique for this shot, sorry. But as far as the subject goes, i like the idea, but the first thing that popped into my mind was that, this couldn't be a real game b/c all the white pieces are set up in their starting positions. I think it might be neat to see a reshoot with perhaps fewer pieces but have them arraganged around the board so it looks like a game has been played,

tr0gd0o0r said:
I have the most nit-picky critique for this shot, sorry. But as far as the subject goes, i like the idea, but the first thing that popped into my mind was that, this couldn't be a real game b/c all the white pieces are set up in their starting positions. I think it might be neat to see a reshoot with perhaps fewer pieces but have them arraganged around the board so it looks like a game has been played,

I plan on doing a few more of these shots, and that was one of them. For this one, though, I wasn't trying to do a realistic chess shot, I wanted to show the pawn heading into a hopeless battle.

I reshot to try to brighten it up a bit. Which one do you prefer?

blinddetermination2.jpg

I like the shot and I like the original better than the re-shoot. When I first saw this, my immediate feeling was "against all odds" which was about what your were going after. I think it worked well. I think the lighting came out pretty well, though a little more focus on the pawn is needed IMO. I think the DoF of the white pieces are right on.

Good shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back