Blog Ring - who writes routinely

Hmm, I just started a blog ... first time doing this social web stuff.
Not about photography but about repair/restoration of old cameras, not sure if this fits.

Not about photography but about repair/restoration of old cameras, not sure if this fits.

added.
Being on that page incurs a debt of honor to list all of the others on your own blogroll.

I read your posts and they scared me. I'm not certain I would have the nerve or patience to tackle that - but if I come across a cheap Minolta Autocord, I might.

OOPS, my mistake and confusion, you did exactly what I said below.

mea culpa

On my own blog, I have dealt with multiple part posts differently than you.
Since most people start reading at the top of the page, I publish all the parts dated in reverse order so that the first part, dated the latest, is at top of the page and then a reader can follow right along.
This seems more easy than people coming into the blog at the last part, then having to scroll down to the first, then scroll up through the first to the top of the second - and so on.

Now I'm going off to look for a Minolta like the one I sold 30 years ago.

I have a blog I write on, which is predominately used for my moaning and whinging at certain life events, talking about projects around the house - just a general one guy's blog kinda thing.
I do occasionally post photography stuff to it, such as equipment, setups, photos, what I like or don't like about shooting.

Unfortunately, I'm going through some personal issues right now, and just using it to get feelings out, so I'm not sure it's good for sharing at the moment :)

Since most people start reading at the top of the page, I publish all the parts dated in reverse order so that the first part, dated the latest, is at top of the page and then a reader can follow right along.
This seems more easy than people coming into the blog at the last part, then having to scroll down to the first, then scroll up through the first to the top of the second - and so on.

Yeah, I was thinking about that ... but that would mean I have to have all the parts ready, then post them ... or create it in a website style with individual pages for each repair job.
Not sure if I want to work that hard.
I will let the readers figure it out.

Oh, and it is not all that scary ... after the second or third time.

Yeah, I was thinking about that ... but that would mean I have to have all the parts ready, then post them ... or create it in a website style with individual pages for each repair job.
Not sure if I want to work that hard.
I will let the readers figure it out.

Oh, and it is not all that scary ... after the second or third time.

I don't know if blogspot allows you to edit the publish date, but that's how I do it (if all the parts aren't ready.)

I publish what I have then publish the rest with an earlier publish date so the software realigns them.

mysteriously... lol

yeah, I was thinking the same.
Even with links. I'll will create a page with links because I want to explain a bit about that particular link as you did on your site

I'm behind on my linking, but tomorrow is finally my official Flop Day, so I'll be in my sweats all day long, alternating between the computer, the developing tank, and the couch+book+tea, so I'll rectify that issue tomorrow :)

I've already seen a bunch of clicks from my blogroll to others' sites and vice versa.

I will wait a week or so to see if any other writers come forward and I will send emails to my list announcing that list of other writers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back