Blood red skies

negative

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took some shots of the war memorial in Ottawa today. The weather was very dreary and the sky was low. The spotlights which illuminate the monument actually created a shadow on the clouds which i thought was pretty neat. These pictures are another attempt at HDR. I raised the black clip significantly to give the sky a reddish hue, however, it came out kinda blotchy. Any advice on how to fix that or other criticism is welcome.

warmem.jpg

war.jpg

50 views and not a single reply... Perhaps this needs to be moved to general gallery?

On lens filter?
or increase film speed? then the red would be picked up easier???... but then again also more noise or grain... just a suggestion so its not just 50 views

I'm bumping this for more feedback. Comments please!

I wasn't quite sure what I was looking at on the first one untill i scrolled down to the 2nd.

did you mess around with saturation in photoshop? This reminds me of the Richards Red commercial when the bartender is pouring the beer...

These pictures are an attempt at HDR. I raised the black clip significantly to give the sky a reddish hue

I know nothing of backclips. I do know that the first one is pretty boss, and the sky looks like it has a studio background because of a Silhouette of the statue on the sky.

2 is kinda blurry and a little composition confused. And they both seem to have some really grainy spots on the sky.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back