Bloody Idea

datboi14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i took this little photo today and i'm not completely satisfied with how it came out. It was a little rushed and spur of moment didn't really set up like i usually would. that i would do differently. I could do a lot better, but i do like the idea behind it. so i'm going to re do it tomorrow at some point.

question is: What could i do to make it creepier during the shot or during editing? (But still keep the same feel
Ill attach original shot and after editing. If you want to re-edit it and see if you can make it creepier feel free.
i know its not the best image but i'm still really new with a camera and learning. i'm just trying t
o get some flowing
iso 1600. 36mm. f/90 1/80
Nikon d3100

Attachments

• $DSC_0263-2.jpg
    $DSC_0263-2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • $DSC_0263.jpg
    $DSC_0263.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
I think it would be cooler if the blood pattern looks realistic to me like from a crime or accident. Right now it looks carefully applied so as to be evenly dispersed. How did you apply it? I suggest:

1) Think of a quick story about what happened here, physically. Doesn't have to be deep or really particularly relevant to the message of the painting, although nice if it is. Just need to be some sequence of plausible events.
2) Choose a "wound" site on your hand or arm and continue pouring blood paint onto that spot or have it drop from a tube
3) Act out the story yourself, such that every bit of blood on the canvas comes from your hand doing something plausible from a wounded person and pooling or staining realistic parts of you and dripping in the right places.

Breaking the lightbulb is also a good suggestion. That could inspire where the wound is or what you do, for example.

Crop so you don't see the table and go from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back