Blown out or cool effect?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weekend I did a shoot with a new model:

(NSFW - www.rmtimages.com/joanna)

Anyway this one shot is bugging me... it happened accidentilly with an incorrect setting, but something about the color/light I really like.

My wife loves it, but another photog hated the blown out highlights.

I cannot decide.

Let me know how I can improve it, or better yet, have at it, and tell me how you did it:

477316609_bc8983fa4b.jpg

IMO it is a bit too much.. There is a place for blown out highlights... it just has to be well under control in order to look intentional not accidental.

There are a few photos on your site that have blown out highlights that work (in my opinion): 590 and 604. Good shoot.. looks like it was a fun experience.

Ryan
To my eyes it's just too blown. Highlights in the hair, the line extending left to right from the top of her jeans - just doesn't work for me. the hair over her eye is also distracting. She sure is a beautiful girl though. You have others on your web site that looked nicer.

I guess this is my inexperience talking, but I like it. It has a very nice surreal feel to it. Almost as if she is glowing.

I'm going to go against the grain and say I like it. I mean, sure it's not the best looking photo, but it's really creative and I think it works. It reminds me of some Blur album cover....nice job.

For me there is just too much that is blown out...if it was cropped under her elbow, imo it would tone it down enough so I can look at her face. I actually like the green tint and blue shadows happening...I would probably darken it a bit, just to make the colors pop more with the brights.

just my .02 :sillysmi:

As it is now its not very good, but I definitely see it as a potential to turn it into an old looking type of photograph. Add some grain, haziness, etx. Maybe play with saturation, you could probably turn it to look pretty cool.

I love the shots with the guitar. Very cool idea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back