img4760x3km.jpg

img4848x1tk.jpg

img4697x9ts.jpg

img4712x7ga.jpg

img4263x3hg.jpg

img4573x1gi.jpg

img4579x7sk.jpg

Thanks for looking

Quite, quite impressive. Wow. I'm not sure I'd have got even ONE plane into my frame...
Wonderful sky as a backdrop against the planes, and wow, it looks quite daring when they fly upside down!

The last one has some sort of menacing look to it, but I admire you for getting the angles right (lighthouse is all straight, itwould definitely have been leaning heavily if this had been my photo :roll: ).

(Too bad I had not seen this earlier - this is a theme that my son would have been interested in, but he has left for a swim meet early this morning... But then, I mean, he will be back and then I can still show him! :D)

Thanks Corinna and thanks for your comments, I hope your son got a chance to see them.

Eric, shot #8 was taken on a practice day and that is why #7 was in the four ship formation. There were also two #4 planes flying at the same time.

Thanks again!

Awsome series, Whats with the big guy in the last two?

DocFrankenstein said:
Why are the landing hooks extended in #6 and 7?
I believe it is just apart of the stunt, I know of no other value for why they would be down - Maybe Airic knows more.

pursuer said:
Whats with the big guy in the last two?

This aircraft is called Fat Albert Airlines An all-Marine Corps crew operate the Lockheed- Martin C-130T Hercules. It carries more than 40 maintenance and support personnel, their gear and spare parts and communication equipment. It starts the blue angels show with a couple of very slow and low fly-bys and it does a couple of stunts. It very cool to see this behemoth performing its stunt routine.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

DocFrankenstein said:
Why are the landing hooks extended in #6 and 7?

Good pics.

They are operating at slow-flight...VSO (aka- Sh!t out)

Anyway, anything that causes drag helps...even the hooks. :thumbup:

cool captures randog!

i like #1 and 3 :)
tfs!

Cesium 911 said:
They are operating at slow-flight...VSO (aka- Sh!t out)

Anyway, anything that causes drag helps...even the hooks. :thumbup:
Doh! Makes sense

WOW!!!! Randog...killer series. Very well done.!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 is an interesting shot to bad the lead aircraft is behind the front mask, a second before would have be preface, #10 is simpler but IMO you could clone out the mask in that one[font=&quot]
[/font]

Jeff Canes said:
#3 is an interesting shot to bad the lead aircraft is behind the front mask, a second before would have be preface,
Jeff, Is this what you were thinking of for #3.

img4736xx2cy.jpg

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back