Blue Angles

wesd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbywesley.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I cought the Blue Angels practicing over Portsmouth, New Hampshire the Thursday before Sunday's actual air show. Its funny though because the actual air show was back lit by the sun so I actually got getter images when I was sitting the trunk of my car watching them practice over the mall.
airshow6.jpg

Last edited:
The image above was them "practiceing" over the mall parking lots. I used my 300MM canon lense with my 20D.
Wes

They're terribly out of focus and my God, that watermark! (Trust me, people won't be lining up to steal this shot... ) :twak:

The focus on this is really soft...

Edited as per NeilS request.

Last edited:
Lol, you cant even spell Blue Angels. :biglaugh:

This seems quite unnecessary to me.

The op did nothing but post a photo of something nobody could possibly find offensive.

Why are you putting him down?

I would like to ask (not tell) you to please be nice.

Srry. I did think it was funny. I didnt put him down. I just said he should proofread. And its not like I ripped his pic. Lighten up. :hug::

Edit: and didnt I see you ripping on the Lotus guy? :er:

Srry. I did think it was funny. I didnt put him down. I just said he should proofread. And its not like I ripped his pic. Lighten up. :hug::

Edit: and didnt I see you ripping on the Lotus guy? :er:

LOL

You do got me there, I’ll give you that.

I don't normally do that though (the only time here I believe), and even said in that thread that I was going to make an exception in his case.

It was pretty clear to me that he was asking for it. That was his very first post on the forum, no introduction or anything. I guess you could count putting his name in the thread 15 times an introduction though...

He was also quite possibly the most self-absorbed, and vain person I have ever seen in my life. Yes that includes Paris Hilton if you were wondering!

He asked like 5 questions in one sentence, without even telling us what camera he was using or what editing programs he might have had. I was thinking "is this guy serious?"

I can go on and on, but I’ll just say that it was a much different situation in just about every way compared to this.

You are right that I was being a hypocrite. Damn you Luka Magnotta for making me sink to that level. :mrgreen:

Ya unfortunately I am not perfect like you and make the occasional spelling mistake. As for the image having a soft focus to it. I was shooting at low aperture and the planes were moving quickly so I had to pan the camera to follow.
Wes

Ya unfortunately I am not perfect like you and make the occasional spelling mistake. As for the image having a soft focus to it. I was shooting at low aperture and the planes were moving quickly so I had to pan the camera to follow.
Wes

'Sup with the
PHOTOSBYWES.COM

all over the thing? You seriously afraid someone will want to steal that?

Lets see some of your other work.

I tried your website and, well, it looks like you're trying to be some kind of search portal or something completely not photography related. /chuckles/

But I see you have your very own photosbywes forum! Go you! :lmao:

Seriously, is this a joke or are you really looking for something here? Like clicks on your site. (Sorry, if you have ads on there they didn't show up on my browser :p )

Oh, and:

What you need, when you need it
I snorted.

This one was taken from my front lawn last April during a rehearsal for their show in Charleston. They were pretty close; the 70-300 zoom on my D80 was set at 120mm.

Blu_Ang_0426_1sm.jpg

As for the image having a soft focus to it. I was shooting at low aperture and the planes were moving quickly so I had to pan the camera to follow.
Wes

# Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/1250 second ===> 0.0008 second
# Lens F-Number / F-Stop = 56/10 ===> ƒ/5.6

You should of been able to freeze motion better than you did with 1/1250. Its not a wide aperture issue and its not a slow shutter issue. I think its just a missed focus issue.

You could of shot this at f/4 and still had the whole thing sharp

Keep on practicing! And as mentionned, drop the watermark, it looks tacky

Ya unfortunately I am not perfect like you and make the occasional spelling mistake.
Wes

Oooh, sensitive and defensive. Welcome to the internet. Anybody hear me say I was perfect? Lol, its a typo. I didnt say you were retarded. Learn to laugh at yourself or die angry and bitter. :sexywink:

Its funny to me because my Dad has always told a story of a guy in his 50's era high school used to drive a car that said "Blue Angle" on it. And nobody had the heart to tell the guy.

Edit:

You should of
You could of

Sorry to be the language police, but it's "should have" and "could have".

NVM, I take it back. URA-DBAG.

You should of
You could of

Sorry to be the language police, but it's "should have" and "could have".

Thats all great, but English is my second language, my first language is French. I took my first English class when I was 19. So you will pardon my occasional grammatical slips.

Now that you shown how awesome you are, go be a grammar nazi somewhere else and keep this on photography.

In the future, if you want to try and elevate yourself by bringing someone down based on spelling and grammar, instead of going the public ridicule route, maybe have a bit of tact and send them a private message informing them of their mistake rather than making a post about their wrongful use of grammar.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back