Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The skyline view of Chicago
8276683162_911c333107_c.jpg

i like it

it has sort of a cinematic quality to it, with that kind of color

almost reminds me of watchmen, or something like that

other than the weird tilt I like it.

Oh, I like the second version - same photo, all different feelings evoked. The second colour temp suggests something like "there's an electrical storm in the air", at least to me it does. Very nice. Where were you positioned when you took this photo?

Oh, I like the second version - same photo, all different feelings evoked. The second colour temp suggests something like "there's an electrical storm in the air", at least to me it does. Very nice. Where were you positioned when you took this photo?

Its where I live at in the loop in Chicago , I am still a noob trying to get photos straight and not leaning as well

Maybe someone can explain how to get rid of the tilt , what point do you pick to work from to make it straight ? do you use warp or crop it , as I said I have not been doing this a long time Thanks for anyone's help

A lot of cameras have electronic levels in them. Does yours?

Its a Nikon D90 with a 18-105 lens I would assume it does I will read and see if I can find out how to set it I really didnt think about it having one

Maybe someone can explain how to get rid of the tilt , what point do you pick to work from to make it straight ? do you use warp or crop it , as I said I have not been doing this a long time Thanks for anyone's help

I'm always going to fix as much as I can by rotating and cropping first.

Usually I stop when I have something I don't want to lose "near" a corner or a side.
In this case, it was the top left of the facade.

23836E8AA8E948C78C3756D70A26702E.jpg

Once I have it more or less straight, I'll "distort" it (cs3).

ctl + a (select all)
Then Edit -> transform -> distort

Pull the (top left) corner to fix the vertical line (keeping the top edge 1px or 2px above horizontal).

F1D6D1AF3DB540A695DD5A648BF753DF.jpg

Thank you NYC I will have a go at seeing how to fix this

Most reactions

Back