Blue Eyes

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When a snake is getting ready to shed his skin, his eyes turn cloudy. Almost look blue. When they shed, they also shed their eyecaps.
This pic is of my snake and its the first time i saw the blue eyes in real live. It looks pretty freaky, but fascinating too.
And her she is, Spotty Blue Eyes:

Spot021.jpg

Greetz Daan

I like your snake. Your photo shows that you like her, too!
Do they turn blind before shedding then? (They have poor eyesight, anyway, don't they, but would you think it deteriorates even further until the old skin goes off them?)

well, they dont go blind all the way, but they will so silhouettes (uhm.....??). And you are right, for all i know, they have poor eyesight anyways. They "look" thru their heatpits, which you can see on her upperlip. Today, when i picked her up, she wanted to bite the heatlamp. Since thats warm and she couldnt see it neither, she thought it was a prey or something i guess. She missed it though :) (good thing that she missed it too)
And i really like her, normally you can only see this stuff on tv. Im very gratefull i can see it in my own bedroom :D
And thanks for the comments.

OMG... I'm afraid of snakes... the same is with spiders... I just can't stand them... so I prefer not to look so long on your picture, but I can assure you it is very very nice :p

:lol: nice shot! My 2 snakes are always to grumpy to take pics of when they're sheading :roll: well done :thumbup:
And you are right, for all i know, they have poor eyesight anyways.
pretty much. especially pythons. I think that they have poor eyesight then other snakes, because there are an older family of snakes (snakess like vipers and such have better sight, even though they also have pits, but they are a newer family, so they are 'better devoloped')

Today, when i picked her up, she wanted to bite the heatlamp.
:lmao: Mine always try to bite whatever moves, so for the 5 days or so that they are like that, i don't bother trying to pic them up

laura

Most reactions

Back