Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Attachments

• $BlueEyes.jpg
    $BlueEyes.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
She is lovely! Nice! I think you need to post it bigger though... say about 1600 pixels long side, just so we can see her better! :)

Thank you! And as requested increased the image size so she can be seen better!

Thank you! And as requested increased the image size so she can be seen better!

Thank you! She is indeed lovely! Gorgeous eyes, and nicely shot! Entrancing even....

Attractive lady.. very nice shot.

Very pretty. Her eyes are stunning. I see a bit of red around her eyes though. I would whiten them just a tiny bit and maybe just a little skin smoothing. That is just what I would do. Very nice shot.

I played with this image a bit..I hope you don't mind. Some minor skin softening, warmed up just a touch, spot healed blemishes, cleaned up fingernails... and did a 4x3 crop to emphasize her!

$BlueEyes3.jpg

Thank you for the feedback, I knew there was some stuff that I was missing (i.e. the fingernails and retouching the blemishes) and was hoping that some here would help me pinpoint that so I knew what to watch for in the future. Still new to this whole thing and I am anxious to grow! Charlie, I like what you did with the photo...looks very nice!

Thank you for the feedback, I knew there was some stuff that I was missing (i.e. the fingernails and retouching the blemishes) and was hoping that some here would help me pinpoint that so I knew what to watch for in the future. Still new to this whole thing and I am anxious to grow! Charlie, I like what you did with the photo...looks very nice!

She is a lovely girl! And you shot her well!

Okay, if you don't mind...help me out a little here. Tried to duplicate what you did on the photo just for my own knowledge and growth. Working in Photoshop I used the High Pass Filter to soften her skin a little and it appears you may have bumped up the contrast a little. Where I am a little stumped is the method you used to sharpen her up...particularly with regard to the eyes / face. I have come pretty close to what you have posted above, but I'm obviously missing the boat somewhere as I haven't been able to get mine quite as sharp.

Okay, if you don't mind...help me out a little here. Tried to duplicate what you did on the photo just for my own knowledge and growth. Working in Photoshop I used the High Pass Filter to soften her skin a little and it appears you may have bumped up the contrast a little. Where I am a little stumped is the method you used to sharpen her up...particularly with regard to the eyes / face. I have come pretty close to what you have posted above, but I'm obviously missing the boat somewhere as I haven't been able to get mine quite as sharp.

I used a photoshop plug-in (Imagenomics Portraiture) for the skin softening.. on Normal. Then I used the healing brush to correct any obvious blemishes. I did a light Unsharp Mask (10% at 2.8 on the entire image. Then I used the Sharpen Tool very lightly on her eyes, eyelashes and lips. Adjusted +3 Red, +3 Magenta using Color Balance. Also a little healing / cloning on the fingernails. That was it... Hope that helps.

I used a photoshop plug-in (Imagenomics Portraiture) for the skin softening.. on Normal. Then I used the healing brush to correct any obvious blemishes. I did a light Unsharp Mask (10% at 2.8 on the entire image. Then I used the Sharpen Tool very lightly on her eyes, eyelashes and lips. Adjusted +3 Red, +3 Magenta using Color Balance. Also a little healing / cloning on the fingernails. That was it... Hope that helps.

That helps a great deal...thanks!

There is a lot I like about this shot.

Particularly being in the tall grass, I think this pose works very well. You've captured her all the way to her toes without resorting to the cliche of having her lower legs up (showing us the bottom of her feet). With this shallow DoF and the obscuring grass you've captured a comprehensive picture of her which still brings our focus to her face. Her hands appear to be in a posed position (not how she'd normally rest her head on them, just my assumption), yet they still appear relaxed and work very well with her expression. Her shoulders, especially her right one, seem slightly hunched, but I know this is a function of her resting her chin down on her hands (rather than scrunching up her shoulders), and I'm sure that if you tried to elongate her neck the pose would then look forced and tight. You've shot her with her shoulders square to the camera, which is generally a no-no for women as it makes them appear to be more broad-shouldered (masculine). Here, however, with the foreground grasses breaking up those areas of bare skin, I honestly don't find that to be a concern here.

If there's one nitpick I have with the shot it's the composition - she's just a bit off center. The main viewing areas of this shot are her face and arms, which are fairly symmetric - I think you could get away with centering her face horizontally. What we see of her body is enough out of focus and obscured by grass that I don't think it would unbalance a centered composition. Alternatively you could move her more to the left, closer to a rule of thirds position, so that it is clear you weren't trying to center her and just missed (see Charlie's crop). Luckily either of these positions can be explored by cropping what you have and don't require a reshoot.

On a side note, particularly looking at the smaller version in the original post, it took me quite a while to determine whether she was wearing clothes or if this was a very well done, very subtle implied nude. But I finally found the one shoulder strap and the bit of pink from her shorts (dress?).

Thanks for the feedback Rob. It's funny, I have done quite a bit of reading on the "rules" of photography and particularly portraits, but yet I get out there to shoot and I feel that everything I have learned (read about) is forgotten. You mention all that you like about the photo, but I wonder to myself...have I actually learned this or is it just pure luck? Maybe with enough practice I can convince myself that I have actually learned something. I will watch the composition in future shoots, thanks for pointing that out. The implied nude...you know I saw that after I left the shoot. Hopefully as I gain some experience I will be able to recognize these opportunities!

Most reactions

Back