Blue Fish - Fishing

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My Son and I been fishing Hard since June and the one night he can't get up at 3:00 Am he missed out for the action. I went last night alone on outgoing tide and twenty minutes in, I hooked the first small blue around 5lbs. 30 minutes later for my second bigger blue what a fight. Then about 40 minutes a Huge blue that jumped air born three time's to get off that hook. I finally get him to the dock and tried to lift him by the steel leader hook and the leader snapped off at the hook so I watched a monster swim away. First time in 40 years of fishing have I seen a steel leader snap. I had the whole dock to my self all night and just the way I like it. I caught two others after but they where pretty small So I released them. The biggest Blue fish here is around 12lbs @ approx. 30 inches. My biggest to date for Blue's is 17lbs from a 16 foot wood boat that nearly had the boat sideways.

IMG_0002 by DarkShadow191145, on Flickr

IMG_0003 by DarkShadow191145, on Flickr

IMG_0001 by DarkShadow191145, on Flickr

Good deal.

Did your son believe your "fish that got away" story? lol

Yes he did after I brought the two fish Home he had no reason to doubt.

Where in Connecticut are ya? When I lived on our boat in NY the blues would run so heavy in the harbor chasing moss bunkers that you only needed to toss a treble hook in the water to snag them. Heck they'd literally jump in the boat!

One thing about blues there obvious not that smart,like striped bass that just know where things are to break the fishing line,Like rocks or pilings and so forth. Heck stripers will drop the bait just because something feels a little off.

Where in Connecticut are ya? When I lived on our boat in NY the blues would run so heavy in the harbor chasing moss bunkers that you only needed to toss a treble hook in the water to snag them. Heck they'd literally jump in the boat!
New Haven county.

If anyone has not experience a 100 lb fight in a under 20 pound fish go blue fishing, but watch your fishing rod or watch it draged of the dock.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back