blue tinge in photographs

sinha_punit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am using a daylight balanced ISO 200 film,

I do not have any cooling filters on my lens.

I do not have any filter on my lens, except a protective UV filter.

My lens is a regular 35-80mm autofocus lens.

In some of my pictures I get a dull blueish tinge. I am unable to find the reson myself. I thought you guys might help.

has this happened to more than one roll of film? More than one batch? My first thought is that the film itself has had some trauma.

Yes it has happenned to three batch and I have also tried changing my developer. I got all the three batches developed at different places

is it the same film though? bought at the same time? at the same place?

md

Yes, all the three films are from the same batch, But I bought them from a reputed store.

The film I bought was kodak max 400 and the place I nought it was costco. Do not know if you know about costco, its a wholesale store.
www.costco.com

Do you think something is wrong with the film.

A friend of mine also mentioned this to me.

The fingerprint on the lens/filter can cause the light to scatter and result in blue tinge? Is that true? I mean I always wipe my lens/filter before use.

What do you say?

Definitely sound like the film to me, especially being from the same batch.

Pick up a cheap roll of film from someplace else and give it a try, chances are it will be fine.

Good luck!

its the film bro. Sounds like during the manufacturing process, the film was damaged.

md

The consensus of opinion is your film has a fault - and well it might have. As suggested, a film test will quickly sort that out

However, two things give pause for thought

* You say the bluish tinge is in "some" of your pictures, which i take to mean not all of them

Check the prints: is the tinge only in those with open shade (?)

Our eyes see shade in tones of grey or black - whereas, in reality, shaded areas on a sunny day are blue and which your film will have faithfully recorded

A warming filter or day light balanced fill flash will eliminate that problem

* You start by saying the film is ISO 200 - then later it is 400

The difference between ISO 200 down to ISO 400 is 1 stop underexposure. Whilst colour negative film has enough latitude to handle the difference under normal conditions, depending on your (faulty?) exposure technique/combined with the wrong ISO setting on your camera, the film may have been underexposed by too much - giving a grainy, bluish result in "some of (your) pictures"

It would be interesting to read of the outcome

Good luck!

:)

e_

A blue cast in a color print is usually caused by ultra-violet light, but if you had a UV filter on the lens it shouldn't have happened. That is what a UV filter is for. It has to be the film or bad chemical balance at the lab. Get a reprint or two from the same negs at a different lab to see any difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back