bluebirds from yesterday

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
went over the hills and far away yesterday, to shoot bluebirds in eastern Washington. still a bit early in the season yet, but there was still some good activity, and the weather couldn't be beat! here are a couple of the shots from the trip... will post more as i go through them all...

male mountain bluebird...

male western bluebird...

female western bluebird...

Wow, gorgeous color on those beauties! Thanks for sharing.

Very nice! The male Western is a beauty. I haven't seen bluebirds on Vancouver Island, ever. I think those in the know blame pesticides. They are slowly being introduced in the Cowichan valley, so hopefully I will have the chance to see and shoot some someday.

Nice set! Up around Spokane, or the Palouse? Bluebirds up there bring on Spring fever that is almost terminal! ;)

Beautiful! I've only seen one this spring so far.

Very nice! The male Western is a beauty. I haven't seen bluebirds on Vancouver Island, ever. I think those in the know blame pesticides. They are slowly being introduced in the Cowichan valley, so hopefully I will have the chance to see and shoot some someday.
thanks, Brian! mountain bluebirds prefer open country, so it's not too surprising they're not found on Vancouver Island... hopefully, if they're being introduced into the Cowichan area, they'll decide that's acceptable habitat and come back...

Absolutely gorgeous
thanks, Larry!

Nice set!
thanks, John!

Nice set! Up around Spokane, or the Palouse? Bluebirds up there bring on Spring fever that is almost terminal! ;)
thank you, Didereaux! these were taken on Umtanum Road, just outside Ellensburg.

thank you, Spiralout!

Last edited:
thanks, Brian! mountain bluebirds prefer open country, so it's not too surprising they're not found on Vancouver Island... hopefully, if they're being introduced into the Cowichan area, they'll decide that's acceptable habitat and come back...

Absolutely gorgeous
thanks, Larry!

Nice set!
thanks, John!

thank you, Didereaux! these were taken on Umtanum Road, just outside Ellensburg.

thank you, Spiralout!
They're lovely :)

[QUOTE="
Didereaux said:
[/QUOTE]

Might check your health insurance is paid up if you are in eastern Washington and say Ellensburg is in Eastern Washington! :biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back