Bluebonnet baby + Family Portraits C+C Please? :)

lepierce3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all :) So here in Texas it's bluebonnet picture time! And my wonderful neighbors were gracious enough to let me practice on them :D I am pretty pleased with how they came out for the most part, I think the color and exposure is really good compared to what I've done in the past, however I am still having SUCH a hard time getting sharp images! I used a quick shutter speed (1/200), a decent f-stop I think (5-5.6), and I even made sure I moved my little focus point right over their eyes! lol. Somehow I am still missing the focus and I dont know how :( It was a pretty cloudy day out, but there still should have been plenty of light...

So, if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it in the future that would be wonderful! Also, any other suggestions are very welcome, thank you!

These were shot with my D7000 and edited a little from RAW on photoshop :) (the thumbnail color is horrible, if you click it it gets better :D )

1. $small1.jpg

2.$small3.jpg

3.$small2.jpg

2 is the best though you could brighten a smidge and crop in on the left a little, but otherwise its really cute! i love tge field. The close up of the girl is too soft in the eyes IMO. Also in the family shot the background isn't very pleasing.

(the thumbnail color is horrible, if you click it it gets better :D )

You still have some noticeable color cast and white balance issues which is common when photographing around a lot of green. Number 2 is probably your best. With regards to sharpening, did you do any output sharpening after resizing?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back