Blueness

vixenta

Hands Off Me Haggis!
Reaction score
You passed away today.
Instinctively as i walked into the kitchen i called to you.
But there was no pattering of the feet, no bark. Just silence.
I choked on the air, as i thought of what had happened to you a few hours ago.
I still wonder why you wandered up to the highway, you never did that.
Everyone searched for you.
I heard a whimper at the side of he road where you'd buried yourself in the long grass. I almost laughed thinking it was your back legs playing tricks on you again. As i got nearer it just wasn't that. I held you for a long time before you left, and as i did, i hugged you for the last time knowing nothing would be the same.

See you around Timtamtom.

unfortunately its true, but it got written yesterday when it happened.

oh dear! That made me go all teary!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. :-( :-( That's my greatest fear.

:hug:: :hug::

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We all become so attached to our companion animals, the loss can be so hard. It is so sad to hear this, please know our heart felt sympathies go out to you, just know he is now at peace.

Oh, how sad!
I feel for you!
I would miss our Mia so badly if that ever happened to her!
Come here :hug:: I'm so sorry.

Very sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately, many of us can relate. I lost my springer spaniel from an aneurism. He was only 3.

grieving is grieving whether it is for another human or a dearly loved pet.

Bless your heart ...:hug::

Thank you all for your sentiments, it was a family pet, so sadly its not just me feeling the loss.
Today, i'm smiling though, because i got some amazing memories of the crazy pup, and happy he was part of all our lives.
You all are so sweet, thank you again :hug::

I'm so sorry to hear of that. What a tragedy you spelled out in your lovely poem. :heart: I'm glad you shared it with us.

I am so sorry to hear that :hug::

There's something to be said about the unconditional love that a pet can give you, especially a dog.

My advice is to go get another one. Not to replace, but to fill the whole in your heart with more unconditional love.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back