Blues and Greens-2

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosenzitive.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Once again i found myself absorbed in the blue-green Magic of Mother Nature; but this time it was on Earth and Sky... so i wanted to share these images with you....

C&C please

Regards :D

I do like them but i just feel they are overly saturated. You might also want to bump up the contrast and sharpening slightly.

Big fan of #2, reminds me of the tropics perfectly. I think your white balance may be a little cool on #3. Overall a nice set of shots.

Were these taken before or after our last discussion on "chunks of land"?

Either way, you are getting carried away with the saturation. If you have the ability (software) to saturate selectively, do so and do it in subtle advances.
Honestly, looking at these, I would think that you just read a rule called RULE OF THIRDS. If that is what you were doing (adhering to the ROT) Get that out of your mind and shoot what looks most pleasing overall.

In 35 years, I have never once looked at one of my images and said "Oh golly gee, I didn't follow the ROT". I have of course thought that the composition did not look pleasing, and shot and reshot, etc etc.

Remember, you are looking for C&C, not just a pat on the back.

Either way, you are getting carried away with the saturation. If you have the ability (software) to saturate selectively, do so and do it in subtle advances.
Honestly, looking at these, I would think that you just read a rule called RULE OF THIRDS. If that is what you were doing (adhering to the ROT) Get that out of your mind and shoot what looks most pleasing overall.

In 35 years, I have never once looked at one of my images and said "Oh golly gee, I didn't follow the ROT". I have of course thought that the composition did not look pleasing, and shot and reshot, etc etc.

None of these images follow the ROT (the closest is #1) so this comment just seems like a strange rant/tangent.

ROT is a guideline, and not a hard and fast rule. I think the point of your comment, to find compositions that are overall pleasing and disregard ROT, is peculiar considering in pretty much every composition he has already done this.

Frequency: #1 is the best from a composition/saturation level standpoint

for the rest of the images this is the simplest way to convey my point:

Clouds aren't blue

Do yourself a favor, when you choose to C&C comments that others have made - at least try and comprehend what you are reading.

"None of these images follow the ROT (the closest is #1) No kidding chief, that was the whole point,

Looks like some great scenery, but to my eye it seems like there is some strange coloring and glares going on here. It's almost like they were shot out the tinted windows on a bus.

Do yourself a favor, when you choose to C&C comments that others have made - at least try and comprehend what you are reading.

"None of these images follow the ROT (the closest is #1) No kidding chief, that was the whole point,

No, your point was :

As far as reading comprehension goes, let's start here: Why don't you brush up on the intricacies of the english language, such as knowing what the hell you are you are saying, so when you assert a point you know what message you are trying to convey?

It's abundantly clear you were making a patronizing blanket statement about all of his images when you suggest to OP he had just learned the rule of thirds. Further, keeping true to your barrage of irrelevant gibberish/nonsense, you posit to OP "get ROTs out of your mind and and just shoot what looks pleasing" when only 1/4 of his images might fall under the category of ROTs.

To sum, your response was patronizing, baseless, and irrelevant. You used your response to propogate the notion that you are somehow "above ROT's" and it's not even a pertinent factor to the thread. Who cares? It's not even relevant. And it's just narcissistic of you and corrosive to the thread to respond like this.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Last edited:
Rotanimod said:
No, your point was :

As far as reading comprehension goes, let's start here: Why don't you brush up on the intricacies of the english language, such as knowing what the hell you are you are saying, so when you assert a point you know what message you are trying to convey?

It's abundantly clear you were making a patronizing blanket statement about all of his images when you suggest to OP he had just learned the rule of thirds. Further, keeping true to your barrage of irrelevant gibberish/nonsense, you posit to OP "get ROTs out of your mind and and just shoot what looks pleasing" when only 1/4 of his images might fall under the category of ROTs.

To sum, your response was patronizing, baseless, and irrelevant. You used your response to propogate the notion that you are somehow "above ROT's" and it's not even a pertinent factor to the thread. Who cares? It's not even relevant. And it's just narcissistic of you and corrosive to the thread to respond like this.

You should be a public defender or run for office in your town. Your writing has that appeal similar to an internet grammar police officer.

Next time, comment to him, not to me. He knows my C&C to him, we do it often. I'm sure he is a big boy and doesn't need you to defend him counselor. Either that or block me, that way I can't offend you with my C&C to someone who isn't you.

You should be a public defender or run for office in your town. Your writing has that appeal similar to an internet grammar police officer.

I'm flattered that your best defense it to tell me I'm too good at writing.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news: I didn't correct your grammar. I corrected your faulty logic.

Next time, comment to him, not to me. He knows my C&C to him, we do it often. I'm sure he is a big boy and doesn't need you to defend him counselor. Either that or block me, that way I can't offend you with my C&C to someone who isn't you.

I did give him C&C.

Your comment warranted a response because of it's many faults, whether it was directed towards me or not.

I think you see that now.

Rotanimod said:
I'm flattered that your best defense it to tell me I'm too good at writing. But I hate to be the bearer of bad news: I didn't correct your grammar. I corrected your faulty logic.

Second, I did give him C&C, but before I give C&C I always read others comments.

Your comment warranted a response because of it's many faults.

I think you see that now.

yes professor I see exactly where you're coming from. now you and your brother r 2 d 2 and hal 9000 have a great evening. I hope you do well in your sociopath class

okay all joking aside we ruined his thread, sorry frequency

okay all joking aside I ruined his thread by saying trollish, irrelevant things that were inflammatory by nature, sorry frequency

It's okay Joey. It takes a big person to own up to his wrongs.

:lmao:

I do like them but i just feel they are overly saturated. You might also want to bump up the contrast and sharpening slightly.

Thank you Fsquare ; actually my colors are saturated while i press "I'm feeling Lucky"; i less frequent in PS. Actually i did not do any selective saturation

Big fan of #2, reminds me of the tropics perfectly. I think your white balance may be a little cool on #3. Overall a nice set of shots.

Thank you fokker; personally i like saturated colors when it comes to landscapes; but i know it is a bit too high ;)

:D
All these images are from stock; and i select them at random; so no guarantee for their chronological order ;)

see while i shoot RO3rd is never a concern for me; here in some images i wanted to give prominence to the cloudy sky and in some other i want to give prominence to the paddy foreground.... so those were really coincidental, leading to a genuine misunderstanding.... there are so many images i have taken where the horizon is a real bisector.
Further i always like serious comment, some say it with a pat where as some say it with a beat..... i accept both :D Modesty does not mean flattery; so please talk your heart :D

Most reactions

Back