Blues of Lynn Canyon

naughtybunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I took a picture the other day at Lynn Canyon. But I am stranded in making it best. Any comments and critiques will be welcome. Especially in cropping and processing.

Thanks in advance:hail:

1. Original
390869341_ed31898fd7_b.jpg

390869344_779936924e_b.jpg

390869349_b566fd14ac_b.jpg

390869337_2dbbab88ec_b.jpg

ooooo, #4 is a no go for me... though I do kind of like the effect it has on the water. If you keep it, I would definitely recommend cutting away all of the trees.

#3 seems to be the best crop, but I would have left the right side as it is, and only crop the top off the original.

I am looking at your image on a laptop, known to be a tad brighter than my home PC. To me it looks a little washed out but that might be my laptop monitor. Did you use a filter? What camera did you use to take this. I just bought a 2stop ND filter for my E500 to help out with the water falls cotton candy look. Try shooting in lower light to let the exposer time hang out there for a bit longer. I think it adds alot to a picture. It makes it more than just a water snap shot. If you crop it down too much there isn't anything to look at. Remember standing over top of a rock in the water and takeing a picture is not very exciteing. I like to see some back ground in a picture.

lynn-canyon.jpg
lynn-canyon.jpg

I'm a newb here, but I think #3's the best picture, but it could use some editing.

By cropping it like so, the rule of thirds applies to the bending tree in the back, that leads your eyes across the picture to the rocks in the bottom right intersection, which follows through with the flow of the water, back again to the fallen tree.

The rock that is in focus is actually a bit distracting, so by cropping it away from any of the intersection lines from the rule of thirds it takes attention away from it...

I like #2 because of the twisted tree, but would like to see the crop on the left opened up a little. Need to see more of the rapids also and that should do it.
It does lok a little OE, maybe PS can help with levels

Oh, I would like to play with it just a little, only to see if the mild over-exposure can be "repaired" in Photoshop ... it reads OK to edit, so I would really like to give it a go (and test a crop variety that I am having in mind, too).

Here you are:

NaughtyBunny_LynnCanyon_myedit.jpg

I am not too fond of your blue edit, mind.
It is nice to play with the images to see what all there is (in Photoshop, as possibilities), but I find that not all really works.

Especially for taking time to make it better:lol:

I post another version of the picture. How do you guys think about the crop and processing. Any C & C will be welcome.:sexywink:

What I have done are gradient Gaussian blur, -1/2 EV and localized USM sharpening.

402431953_3d84ad15d6_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back