Blurb wedding book

Hair Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Not sure if this should go into general shop but here is my first Blurb wedding book

At first i wasn't all that cool with it but on reflection it looks good and the B&G like them

JAO_2542.jpg

JAO_2554.jpg

JAO_2551.jpg

JAO_2547.jpg

JAO_2543.jpg

I can't speak for anyone else, but I like it.

Looks very professional

Looks real nice. Really even if you don't like it what really matters is the couple likes it. I have had that situation more than once where I thought the book the couple picked was baaaad but they liked it and they paid for it so they got it.

The timing on this couldn't be better. I have one on order that is retro images, but I plan to use it as a sample as well. I was curious to see the cover in black.

Also it looks very nice to me. I am interested in how the prints look on their paper as compared to photo paper.

The paper is a little thin and not in any way like photo prints, keep this in mind

yes I did the layout myself, the Blurb layout program has some classic layouts that will keep it honest in terms of balance.

For me it was a little restrictive and a few pages got laid out in Quark then saved as EPS, converted to JPEG and dropped into the Burb program as one page image

Now I have set up a Quark layout to do this I will use it for the next book and use this system.

In the Blurb layout program if you update an image, retouch lighten etc it doesn't go to the original and update it on the layout. You have to del the image and re import it.

I retouched a lot of the images after the layout and first print, boosted them etc to match the print style. This meant all the images need updating by hand and this was a pain.

The next cover I do will be white and I'm shooting this weekend so i have layouts in my head that will require pictures to fill that style.

The timing on this couldn't be better. I have one on order that is retro images, but I plan to use it as a sample as well. I was curious to see the cover in black.

Also it looks very nice to me. I am interested in how the prints look on their paper as compared to photo paper.

I think there is a company in the states that does leather bound versions of these. I've never seen them in person, but the looked pretty nice over the computer.

Yeah my son in law pays about 200 for his, I'm thinking much less expensive books. They have them all over in all kinds of qualities. Mine is from a local photo processor who hawks for someone called Brooks Books of all things.

I'll let you know when it comes what kind of quality it is.

Wanted to let you know my book arrived. I was very pleased with mine. I went with a simple, one picture to a page, on a black background. It wasn't a wedding but a book of my stuff to put on the table. Don't have a coffee table though.

I am giving some thought to going back in business on a very very small scare. Wanted to see what the little book that is geared to hobbiest could look like if laid out simply the way I would a wedding album. It really did look nice. I was shocked And considering the prints are tossed in, the thing is probably less expensive than making prints.

Any way just passing it on.

You can undoubtedly show this book to prospective clients, the layout, from what I can tell, is a-okay. Do you find that clients fancy viewing such books more than the classic wedding album? I definitely need to look into the book issue, as I'm still placing my prints in albums, there's more versatility in layout in books. You did a great job.
Greetings from D.

My limited experience is that people are looking for these style albums more than the traditional printed and stuck in style

The only downside I see is that if the bride changes her mind after her initial selections, there is no going back for ten bucks. What you see is what you get. Looks as though it will be more of a hassle but If I shoot a wedding again, which I just might do, I plan to offer it since it is much less expensive to produce than a conventional album.

Okay you can spend a lot more but you can on albums as well.

Most reactions

Back