Blured part of image

Hm, I never touched the sensor

maybe someone else did?

and it happens just periodically!?

not very likely, it could only be that depending on focus and aperture the effect might be more or less visible.

Here is one more exemple. Same part of image (girl's jacket)!?
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im6408lc3.jpg

and part of her hair, and part of the rocks in the background (but there it could be fog ;))

Hmm.. a lot of dirt on the real element of the lens? or the front element?

oh, and as we can see in the sky, you have some dust particles on the sensor, so a cleaning would be a good idea anyway. Maybe by a professional. If you want to do it yourself, get informed first about what could go wrong ;)

Your camera has poltergeists like imageshake has spams. (This is no offense, imageshake really pops up all over like five times when I click picture.)

just block the popus in your browser, I do it by default ;) (firefox) .. the only way to go in today'S www ;)

Could the scratch on the lens be a problem?

depending on how pronounced it is, yes. but a light scratch would remain rather invisible.

but those blurred areas appear in many scattered places to me, so it could not be just one scratch i would guess.

I'll clean the sensor but I think that is not a problem with blured areas because it happens periodically.

also clean the rear element of the lens and the front element.

can you post an image of that scratch?

I'll clean the sensor but I think that is not a problem with blured areas because it happens periodically.

as in every second shot? or every 5th shot?

Very unlikely if the shots are done with the same settings.

try to correlate the blurring with the aperture and focus used ...

borrow a different lens and see if the problem persists.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera here.

also clean the rear element of the lens and the front element.

as in every second shot? or every 5th shot?

Very unlikely if the shots are done with the same settings.

try to correlate the blurring with the aperture and focus used ...

borrow a different lens and see if the problem persists.
It's not happens often but I will change my camera soon and I'll see if that will come then.

To me it looks like the smudge on the OUTSIDE of a lens, but looking at the conditions, could it be some minor fog being created from the cold air mixing with your warm camera? Maybe some sort of condensation?

Are you using a filter in front of the lens? It could cause some trouble.

Interesting it's not in the same spot every time.... leads me to believe it's not a sensor/lens problem at all... but I don't know what it COULD be.

To me it looks like the smudge on the OUTSIDE of a lens, but looking at the conditions, could it be some minor fog being created from the cold air mixing with your warm camera? Maybe some sort of condensation?

Are you using a filter in front of the lens? It could cause some trouble.

Interesting it's not in the same spot every time.... leads me to believe it's not a sensor/lens problem at all... but I don't know what it COULD be.

hm, interesting idea... even though the only time i experienced fog that extreme, it was after i landed in the water with my camera after sliding down the side of a mountain ;) and the lens apparently had taken some water ...

It looks like a smudge on the lens, and if it is only shoting up periodically that seems to be the case.

What mode are you using? I'm guessing you only see it when the aperture is small.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back