blurred background

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
I know it doesnt look natural, but what do you think of this lens blur effect around the bride? I may redo it with a lesser amount closer to the bride so it looks a tad bit more realistic and gets more blurred the farther behind the bride you get. ..

blurbride1.jpg

This one is REALLY blurred...

blurbride2.jpg

Doug Raflik

I like the 1st one better, because it brings focus to the bride, but my eye keeps finding that huge flower shes holding

I really like the first one too!! Agreew ith the previous posted about the flowers.. They are a big distracting... Beautiful bride and great color!

this blurriness might look better with a more natural background....like in the forest or something...something more simple?.....but i'm not a big fan of narrow DOF so my opinion might be a bit biased.......

the background is a bit too blur and it makes the background feel like a backdrop.....too fake i would say....but i do like the exposure of the bride....beatiful smile on #1

I agree the first one works the best because of the seperation between the background and subject. I disagree that the bg looks fake, I like the shot.

With these full length shots, I think less blur would work better. With the blur though...my eye wants to crop these images. The 2nd one, for example, would look pretty good if it was cropped just below the flowers and then some off of the left side.

With these full length shots, I think less blur would work better...

Funny how the mind works. I too think a BIT less blur would be familiar to the eye. There seems to be more light on the background in the first view. It that right? Was it a slower shutter?

All-in-all, I think it's a nice effect. If I had to choose between the blur and a sharp background, I'd go with the blur.

As for the bouquet, it's not a distraction. I would chose a different placement, but it's deep enough in tone to keep from competing for attention.

Pete

Funny how the mind works. I too think a BIT less blur would be familiar to the eye. There seems to be more light on the background in the first view. It that right? Was it a slower shutter?

All-in-all, I think it's a nice effect. If I had to choose between the blur and a sharp background, I'd go with the blur.

As for the bouquet, it's not a distraction. I would chose a different placement, but it's deep enough in tone to keep from competing for attention.

Pete

Hmmm, I dont think the shutter speeds were different. I think the added blur is spreading the light out more making it look a little darker.

Thanks again everyone.

Doug

Bride really pops, on both, leave the floor not so blurred if at all, at her feet. That part would naturally be in focus, and make the shot look more natural, however it is a great look. tome like

I personally think it does not look natural. This shot to me, is a good example of something done with photoshop that should have been done with a proper aperture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back