Blurring the backround of the object

DaleHimself

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok got a question. Im trying to figure out how to blur the backround of an object im taking a picture of.. So lets say i take a picture of a flower like the one i took below, how can i set the settings where it blurs the backround of the flower.

DSCF3121.JPG

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For a flower with the background that close behind it....you'd need new gear basically. A prime lens that can shoot at LEAST f/1.8.

You could get that effect @ f/3.1 by take a picture of a persons face while they're standing up. Get close enough to almost fill the frame from shoulders up and make sure that whatever is in the background is 20 feet away or more and it'll blur (bokeh) like you're trying to do.

Sent from Erics iPhone www.ericporado.com

Use this calculator
Online Depth of Field Calculator
Anything beyond the Far Limit will begin to blur. Anything on the same focal plane will still be in focus.
Also, fill frame with flower so background becomes secondary to subject.

I do not think you have said, but you must have some type of FUJIFILM - FinePix point and shoot camera.

If so, you will want to keep the lens in, no zoom, to get the F3.1. Just walk up closer to the subject. F3.1 will still give you a nice blurred background.

Most reactions

Back