Blurry pics

KrakenHead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. Hope someone can help me with this problem i have.

I own a Sony Cybershot DSC-H20. One day my two year old daughter was asking me: "photo? photo?". When i looked to see, i saw her walking with the camera. Lens in one hand and camera in the other.

Since then the camera's pictures are blurry:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/sjonnojs/259999_10150224301387073_513602072_7811348_2314247_n.jpg

Does anyone know if i can repair this problem myself or should i bring it to a service center?

Thank you very much.

Edit: the lens was NOT disconnected. I meant lens CAP. Not the lens.

Last edited:
You may be able to fix this, but I doubt it. I also suspect that the cost of having it professionally repaired would be more than the camera is worth. Your best bet would be to contact a Sony repair facility and ask for an estimate.

That kind of blurriness suggests a shifted glass to me - somewhere, in the depth of your camera.
I'm with tirediron: repair costs might be higher than the camera is worth.
Oh dear: would this be a write off?

Looks like the lens is no longer in line with the sensor--it isn't a focus issue.The camera needs repaired or replaced.

did you clean the lens off?

I don't understand one thing.. DSC-H20 doesn't have the option of interchangeable lenses.. How on earth did your 2yo daughter manage to have the lens in one hand and the camera itself in the other?

EchoingWhisper, do you even know how does this camera look like?

I love the edit... the one about the lens CAP being removed... not the lens.

"Oh, no... sorry, I meant his SLEEVE got cut off... no, no his arm is fine. Silly me, I didn't know the difference."

Oh well, I'm sure that was her one and only post on this forum.

I'm with everyone else. Camera is probably not worth fixing.

C ya

Most reactions

Back