BMX Nollie

shardsofxapril

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
another one I would like some opinions on, i hope i don't get annoying :p
Personal-01.jpg

You don't have to worry about getting annoying. The forum is here for posting your work... feel free to post away.

For this picture, I also find the lights to be distracting because they make your eye go directly to the light so it's hard to check out the rest of the picture. I'm also not very fond of the slower shutter speed here because, IMO, it takes away from the picture. On a positive note, I really like your camera angle here. Most of the time, people don't like to have parts of the picture chopped off but in this case it works very well. :thumbsup: Keep the pictures comin' and welcome to the forum!!

hobbes28 said:
On a positive note, I really like your camera angle here. Most of the time, people don't like to have parts of the picture chopped off but in this case it works very well. :thumbsup: Keep the pictures comin' and welcome to the forum!!

well it's a weird thing with me I guess. I like to try and bring as many things into a photo as possible (as long as it is still tasteful at least) in this one in particular I liked the way the ramp looked with it's scars from people riding it. and I also like the effect street lights bring into it. imo it brings it all together (and i dont know if I'm explaining myself well enough lol but stick with me) infact a lot of times while I would wait for my friend come up to the ramp I would focus the camera on the ramp itself and not so much him.
as you may see on my other photos I like to offset what may appear to be the main subject of my work

I personally love the angle, and like the shutter speed. Reminds you the subject is moving. And ditto on that light being distracting.

EDIT: If you had the whole person in the photo, and not cut off, I don't know if I would like the slow shutter speed as much. But since the main subject is supposed to be the bike, I like it.

Most reactions

Back